Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2004 6:41:39 PM EDT
I just bought a Bushmaster Varminter and the guy threw in a set of Warne (high) quick release rings.  I had previously been planning on getting the Armalite 1 piece mount.  Should I go ahead and buy the Armalite 1 piece or just stick with the Warne rings?  I really have no use for the quick release and to tell you the truth I've never had QR rings.  Are they as stable/durable as other rings or is there a higher chance of them shifting?

BTW....I have already mounted my scope to the gun just to make sure that the height & relief was o'kay (in case I did end up using them) and they worked out fine, but I'm still having a hard time deciding if I want them since I have been planning on the Armalite all along.hinking.gif

Are the Warne rings any better or worse than the Armalite 1 piece?

I appreciate it, guys!

Predatorsniper
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:23:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:27:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Can't speak about the QR rings...never used them.  But I have never heard anything bad about the 1-piece mount from Armalite.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:29:17 AM EDT
[#3]
The Armalite mount is rock solid, One of the best one piece mounts available; It was Made for use on AR type rifles. The 2 I use on AR10 rifles repeat zero nicely even after being removed & replaced multiple times.  
If you keep an eye out in the optics section of the Equipment Exchange you will find one for $70 or so.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:37:37 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're looking to get rid of those useless Warnes, I'll take them off of your hands as a favor.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#5]
You are in luck  Amralite mount for sale for $50 on E.E.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Man, I appreciate it!  Now if I could only get outbid on the mount I'm currently winning on eBay for $61.hanks

Predatorsniper
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#7]
If you don't need QD, the ArmaLite mount is a great solution for mounting optics on any AR.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#8]
LaRue Mount would be my #1 choice - with the Armalite Mount #2.  I like LaRue's throw levers better than the knobs.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top