Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2004 3:38:35 PM EDT
I am considering an Armalite rifle or DPMS.  I want to spend no more than $900 I  can get a stock armalite varmint or a option loaded DPMS in this price range.  What would you suggest.  I am looking for a 16" flat topped varmint style or possible an ar-180 What would you suggest

Thanks,  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#1]
BUSHmasterhedont know too much about the ar-180, but i have heard that the lower plastic is not that durable....
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Another vote for Bushmaster.

Bushmaster
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Build your lower (Eagle Arms) and buy an armalite upper from the site staff here
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#4]
You don't say what model you want but here's where I go my bushmaster:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_XM15_E2S_20__A3_Heavy_Bbl_Rifle.html

it's the cheapest I have found it

www.impactguns.com is also good
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am considering an Armalite rifle or DPMS.  I want to spend no more than $900 I  can get a stock armalite varmint or a option loaded DPMS in this price range.  What would you suggest.  I am looking for a 16" flat topped varmint style or possible an ar-180 What would you suggest

Thanks,  

[rant_mode]Why can't you guys just answer the guys question!?!?!?!  Man, read the questions and answer the guy!!! [/rant_mode]

Given the choice between a basic Armalite and a jazzed-up DPMS for the same price range, I'd go for the Armalite.  Go for the AR15, unless you've really just GOT to have the 180B.  I'd love to own a 180B, but I think that's second to a proper AR.

Most folks have no problems w/ DPMS.  I have bought parts from them and found them less than top quality.  Don't sacrifice quality for gizmos.  You won't regret the Armalite.

C_M
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#7]
You sell houses for a living?

I’d  go with the Armalite too, or Bushmaster, I’m not a big fan of DPMS
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#9]
CMMG DPMS at www.cmmginc.com/.  4150 steel barrels, chrome-lined bores/chambers, and 1/7 twist is what CMMG DPMS offers.  Better deal then a bushmaster and as good.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Of the two choices, Armalite is easily superior for more reasons other than just the quality of the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:24:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
ArmaLite

+1
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:41:20 AM EDT
[#12]
ArmaLite

that other brand does not even come close to what ArmaLite offers.

Here is my latest, I own two of them
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:42:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Save a couple more pennies and buy a Colt
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Save a couple more pennies and buy a Colt

NOT....

ARMALITE....
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#16]
ARMALITE
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#17]
ArmaLite all the way.
Better accuracy
Better quality
Better fit/finish
Better resale value
Better customer service
Better warranty

Since I like to put my money where my mouth is:

Ever try to sell a DPMS rifle?

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#18]
both are excellent choices
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
ARMALITE

+1
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Armalite, no question
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Armalite without question beats ( Others who recommend)Bushmaster into the ground! Better finish, better looking logo,better quality of the rollmarks,no purple recievers & Did I fail to mention how they screwed me? (Sorry about getting off subject here but feel it revelant) YEOW!  2 weeks prior to the effective date if the 94 ban they told me my back ordered part kit was ready to ship & I asked if they could build it on my Bushmaster lower. They said yes & to ship it to them. 3 weeks later I called wanting to know where the heck my rifle was! Oh we held all part orders for our own builds! Gee Bushmaster, Thanks for the screwing! I woulda built it up with enough junk parts to qualify it as a complete pre 94 configuration firearm before I sent it to them If I knew they were going to pull that crap! Now I got my reciever back from them on the books as a post 94 ban reciever. Gee, as long as Im ranting here let me tell you about my malfinctioning 10.5" machine gun barrel. Hmmm! It shot the 1st few rounds ok till I flicked the GO lever to ROCK & ROLL! Then my shorty became the Jam "O" Matic! FTE! Nothing like taking your friends out with a few thousand rounds of 5.56 to have fun & having to plumb the brass out with a cleaning rod. Tee hee  was their response. Well a call went to QPI/Bushmaster Their response was send it back. OK I did but wanted to know why if jammed! The said we make out barrels with a Match chamber for accuracy! WTF! It's a Friggin machine gun barrel, Do uou really think i want to shoot matches with it? They just polished the chrome chamber out & sent it back. I did work this time & finally got to burn it up!
Also arround the same timeframe I used to suscribe to the former Machine Gun News & Bushmaster had a ad there for their rifles & M203 Grenade Launchers! Well I used to be a FFL/SOT so I called them & they give me the bullshit that It's LEO/Export?Military only!

Well, well! That was It! I really think they can probally count the amount of export,govt,police sales at the under 10k level at best ( I could & maybe am wrong) Other that that It is the average John Q Public who purchases their products & keeps them in business!

Why do they put that ad there for rifles & M203's? The magizine was geared towards the civilian class 3 market & dealers who sell to them! Yes to LE also but that response was the final blow!

I haven't dealt with them again &  never will!

Thats why I recommend Armalite , I also like their Eagle Arms recievers! I havent seen the DPMS recievers so I cannot comment my opinion on those, but the parts I have recieved in the past from them were good! I also Like Rock River Arms stuff, I would use Stag Arms But the corny name & silly logo has got to go!  Yea I know who they contract parts for & the parts are great But remember marketing is what makes it stand out! I would pay extra for the Pony! Eagle or whatever mythical creature plastered on the side!

PS: I sold that Bushmaster as a post 94 lower $109.00  he! Sorry in advance for the long post & mispelling but It is late & Im tired!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:24:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Waaaaaa !   We have all been screwed by someone. Those people dont probably even work there anymore. They have cleaned house a few times over the years. My Bushmasters haver never failed me  ever !  The DPMS rifles I have never failed me either.  I have only had problems with my colt.
Simply don't expect good service and look out for yourself when buy guns and you won't get screwed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:43:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
ArmaLite

Ditto
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:46:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Not only do I expect good service, I expect Great service & have recieved it from dealers on the EE such as Pete from New Hampshire & Cory from AZ. These are the people I will continue to give my business to & I know that sometimes things slip by, but how the problem is corrected speaks volumes of a business!

I just had too many problems with them over a long period of time & won't give them my business anymore! Im glad your's are fine!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:44:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Waaaaaa !   We have all been screwed by someone. Those people dont probably even work there anymore. They have cleaned house a few times over the years. My Bushmasters haver never failed me  ever !  The DPMS rifles I have never failed me either.  I have only had problems with my colt.
Simply don't expect good service and look out for yourself when buy guns and you won't get screwed.

ummm...yeah, but most of us are smart enough to not get burned by the same company 2x.  they get better, or die.  this strengthens the industry, IF MORONS DON'T KEEP SUPPORTING THE LOUSY COMPANIES!!!

go armalite because they're higher quality in general, and are a site sponsor.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top