Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2004 12:36:38 PM EDT
I am preparing to buy a Bushy lower to complete my 2nd build and I am going to buy a collapsible stock, I am wondering which stock is a better buy

the armalite for $87
www.armalite.com/sales/specials/newproducts/awbsunsetparts.htm
or  

Bushmaster for $100
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/1005-087-8988-pk.asp

all replies are appreciated
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to EE under New Parts and you will find several vendors selling unmarked RRA 6 pos stocks for about $75 or so.  Some include the wrench.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks, are these the same quality as i mentioned above?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
The Armalite and Bushmaster stocks you have shown are the exact same if my info is correct.  The only difference is that the Bushmaster one has a snake stamped on it.   I have the Bushy one and its awesome.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
thanks, are these the same quality as i mentioned above?

They should be all the same stock. You will not be disappointed with the ones that are for sale in the EE.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]
neither... magpul $215

Look Here!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Bushmaster stocks have a snake on them?..evena the new 6 position stock  they are sellin for 100 dollars..
????

i woudl go w/ the bushy,, but my gun is also bushmaster..so who knows,,, otherwise, go w/ the cheapest, if your looking for the best quality, go buy Colt

also look to see if the colors of their stock will match better w/ your reciever?..always looks better w/ matching furniture.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Am I really going to need the damned wrench? I have a stock on the way.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a heckuva lot easier with the wrench IMHO. You could always jury-rig something, though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's a heckuva lot easier with the wrench IMHO. You could always jury-rig something, though.

Hopefully I won't bugger it. I thought an adjustable wrench of some kind would do it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone installed the stock without the "required" stock wrench? What did you use?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Do yourself a favor (and in the process save yourself some money) by buying either a Colt, LMT, or Vltor Extension (Buffer) tube/Stock setup.

This way you will be able to try/use and enjoy all the above stocks (and probably future buttstocks as well).

Bushmaster extension tubes are not even come close to MIL Spec dimensions (too big); hence all the aforementioned stocks above WILL NOT FIT onto a Bushmaster Extension Tube!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Has anyone installed the stock without the "required" stock wrench? What did you use?

I used a strap wrench from Sears.  The problem is you really can't get it tight enough, so it comes loose after a few hundred rounds.  After you have the castle nut tightened with a strap wrench, you could use a punch to snug it down.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top