Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/12/2004 12:56:49 PM EST
Just wanted to know what members here thought of them. I have not seen a post reviewing this company.

1. What did you get that was an Armalite product?
2. What is your opinion of their customer service?
3. Is Armalite a good company that will back up its products?
4. If you compare Armalite to another company how would you rate them?
5. Do you own a lower or upper from Armalite?
6. How do Armalites lowers and uppers compare/rate against another AR15 manufacturer?

Please post an answer if you have any experience with this company.
Thankyou

Bluetruck88
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:05:27 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:07:26 PM EST
overrated
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:14:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By bluetruck88:
Just wanted to know what members here thought of them. I have not seen a post reviewing this company.

Bluetruck88

1. Two stage trigger.

2. It sucks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:38:52 PM EST
Their customer service( retail sales) was the worst I've ever come across. That was about 6 years ago when they tried to charge me for somthing they didn't have then couldn't understand that I wanted a refund, DUH! I vowed never again but maybe they have improved.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:53:28 PM EST
I have one and think their quality is excellent. Can't give an opinion on customer service, didn't need any.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:08:54 PM EST
TOP NOTCH!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:17:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/12/2004 5:17:41 PM EST by SWS]
I've never before owned any Armalite product, but since I purchased an Eagle Arms lower receiver from a gun show some time ago, I decided to build a (nearly) all-Armalite rifle. Ironic to your post, I called them today and ordered the necessary parts.

The customer service rep was friendly and helpful, but didn't seem to be "off the cuff" knowledgeable. He did notify me that there was a 30-45 day wait for any pre-ban style barrels. Strangely, he couldn't give me a money total for my complete order. He said that the total would be calculated when the order was "entered into their system".

Anyway, that's my first and only experience with Armalite. I'll be curious to see the material quality and billing accuracy when the stuff starts showing up at the house.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:43:52 PM EST
I hate the way that placing an order with a phone call always involves leaving a voice message for the 'your state' sales rep. I wonder how many direct sales they lose because of that arrangement.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:36:48 AM EST
I've got an Armalite AR10, I couldn't be happier with it.

A friend of mine had a slight problem with his AR10 after he got some rounds through it. Armalite had him send it back to them ( LIFETIME WARRANTY!! ) and they had it fixed and back to him in under 3 weeks. I'd say that's great service. And yes, they did fix the rifle, it has been flawless since it's return this past spring.

Thumbs up for Armalite.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:50:45 AM EST
OUTSTANDING! I love my HBar A2
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:32:44 AM EST
The best !!!! I have an M15A2 it is the shit !!!!
C.C is the best two years ago I got mine with a pined stock when the AWB passed call them up, asked if I can send the old stock back ........They said YES ,just got the NEW stock It Is the SHIT !!!!

Guns made after 2003 ,they will send you a FS for free !!!
OVER RATED MY ASS !!!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:37:15 AM EST
I don't understand the whole bit on poor customer service with such a well established entity such as Armalite. People are so quick to slam them, Bushmaster, and others because they're busy and/or backlogged producing products that have both excellent quality and superior craftmanship. Occasionally, lemons slip out from any production line...from vehicles to stereo equipment to firearms.

My 2 cents. Armalite has always done right by me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:41:26 AM EST
I guess the CS is hit and miss. I had a buddy who bought a CMP gun at a NG shoot, they sent the gun to the wrong people, took an act of Congress to get it right. It was like they were doing us a favor to buy from them. After that fiasco there was/is no way in hell I'd buy from them.

People we have to remember this is just Eagle Arms dressed up to look better.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:46:27 AM EST

1. What did you get that was an Armalite product? two complete 20" M15A2 rifles
2. What is your opinion of their customer service? Top Notch!!!
3. Is Armalite a good company that will back up its products? Yes
4. If you compare Armalite to another company how would you rate them? Way Above
5. Do you own a lower or upper from Armalite? Complete rifles
6. How do Armalites lowers and uppers compare/rate against another AR15 manufacturer? I would rank their complete rifles as equal to Colt

Please post an answer if you have any experience with this company.
Thankyou

Bluetruck88

My answer is in blue

The rifle below was my First ArmaLite purchased May of 2003 it has a total of 15,060 and still going problem free

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:51:26 AM EST

.223 carbine
AR10-A4

never needed it.

i don't know. i heavely modify them so much i would not ask them to honor any warentee.

as a corp they are fair

see above

6. How do Armalites lowers and uppers compare/rate against another AR15 manufacturer?

they are high quality. as good as any... better than some

the only gripe i have is the chamber is 223 not milspec 5.56. it translates into tighter groups down range but more jambs once the gun heats up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:52:45 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/13/2004 6:54:01 AM EST by SHIVAN]

1. What did you get that was an Armalite product?M15A2{traded}, AR10A2{traded}, AR10A4{traded}, AR10(T) Carbine upper{sold}, AR10A4, AR10A4, M15A4 lower
2. What is your opinion of their customer service?One of the best in the industry...not perfect, but again one of the best.
3. Is Armalite a good company that will back up its products?When other makers are offering supposedly superior products with a one year warranty -- Armalite has a LIFETIME warranty.
4. If you compare Armalite to another company how would you rate them?At the top.
5. Do you own a lower or upper from Armalite? Both.
6. How do Armalites lowers and uppers compare/rate against another AR15 manufacturer?At the top.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:19:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By hk940:

.223 carbine
AR10-A4

never needed it.

i don't know. i heavely modify them so much i would not ask them to honor any warentee.

as a corp they are fair

see above

they are high quality. as good as any... better than some

the only gripe i have is the chamber is 223 not milspec 5.56. it translates into tighter groups down range but more jambs once the gun heats up.

What gun did you get ?they are 5.56 the ONLY 223 is the match rifles....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:35:45 AM EST
The only thing about my Armalite Lower that I don't like is that some, not all of my steel Sa80 mags won't drop free. This is no big deal, just a small annoyance. It also has a high shelf, as do almost all lowers (except Bushy I think), but that's no big deal either because I don't have $4k to spend on a RLL.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:45:46 AM EST
best in the business.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:59:38 AM EST
I received my shipment of parts from Armalite today - 68 hours after I ordered it. The shipment is complete, the billing is correct, and the quality looks very good.

No barrel though. 30 to 45 days for that.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:31:19 PM EST
I have two target models and love them. Great guns!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:48:20 PM EST
I have a M15A4 SOF, complete rifle. The upper reciever is a more cheerful color than the lower, but function of gun has been very good.

Customer service was awful. Bad enough that I will not buy from them again.

In my opinion they make a good product, but best of luck to you if you need to send it back for any reason.

My LMT and Colt HBAR II rifle are superior in fit and finish, all 3 are equal in function and reliability.

IMO You can get better for the same price, or something equal for less.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:20:09 PM EST
I have only their AR10s, mine have been 100% reliable All my AR15 type (5.56MM or 6.8PC) weapons are Colt or Custom LMT uppers married with Colt or BM lowers.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:54:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By uberdog:

Wow, what happened?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:00:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 10:55:14 AM EST by new-arguy]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:33:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By SWS:

Originally Posted By uberdog:

Wow, what happened?

As TNRonin put it: "It was like they were doing us a favor to buy from them." Pretty much sums up my experience.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:24:48 PM EST
I bought an Armalite M15A2 a month or so ago at a local gun store. I haven't really had to deal directly with Armalite, so I can't say how they're customer service is. I DID ask them how much to remove the front compensator and replace it with an A2 flash supressor; they said like $70 or something, which I personally think is expensive, but some may not. I may sell my upper and use that cash flow towards an upper with the bayo lug and flash hider on it. I have had no troubles with my rifle, and the finish is great. I wish they would put the 5.56 markings on the end of the barrel like others do, but I can live without it.

Personally, I'd rather give my money to the company that INVENTED the rifle. Also, it kinda turns heads when I go to the range with my Armalite, cuz all the Bushy folks their get confused when I actually tell them I have another rifle OTHER than Bushmaster. But I still like BushmasterHail
Kevhug.gif
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:54:49 PM EST
Mine have been good enough to have never needed to evaluate their customer service .
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:57:56 PM EST
M15. New. 100% top notch. Never jams. Evar. Fcuk Colt and LEO stamp hype, in the eye socket!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:00:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By ArmaLiteM15KevinZ:
I bought an Armalite M15A2 a month or so ago at a local gun store. I haven't really had to deal directly with Armalite, so I can't say how they're customer service is. I DID ask them how much to remove the front compensator and replace it with an A2 flash supressor; they said like $70 or something, which I personally think is expensive, but some may not. I may sell my upper and use that cash flow towards an upper with the bayo lug and flash hider on it. I have had no troubles with my rifle, and the finish is great. I wish they would put the 5.56 markings on the end of the barrel like others do, but I can live without it.

Personally, I'd rather give my money to the company that INVENTED the rifle. Also, it kinda turns heads when I go to the range with my Armalite, cuz all the Bushy folks their get confused when I actually tell them I have another rifle OTHER than Bushmaster. But I still like Bushmaster

Hail Armalite!

Kev

Having actually removed my compensator myself, and knowing that the $70 includes a $5 flash hider, I would call that VERY cheap.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:58:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 4:11:50 PM EST by rebel_rifle]

Personally, I'd rather give my money to the company that INVENTED the rifle.

(:)]

This company is not the original one that invented the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:34:51 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:57:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By QCMGR:

Originally Posted By rebel_rifle:

This company is not the original one that invented the rifle, sorry.

Explain how it is not? Harley-Davidson was owned by AMF then bought back. Is it the same Harley-Davidson? How about Colt? Or Jeep?

www.armalite.com/library/history/history.htm
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:36:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By new-arguy:
Here's what I made with my M15A4
groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQDpAmoVI*jDXG30cogUNDY7EiKydQFDeg2D!auRmNTq­w!zpWF9KnTHt8EjcNUBCNjwK8dxoRNY!rgGJomi5ZS!DE­NujmsQroxqB9dqYQNE/spr.jpg?dc=4675493386456410470

danm, make me one!

1- Eagle arms stripped lower, Muzzle brake.
2- I had a perminant brake installed by Armalite on a Bushmaster assembled hbar car upper. First class workmans ship including the re-park.
5 & 6 - My Eagle Arms lower is perfect. About the same as my C and B lowers and far and away better than my RR lower.

Pretty good feedback considering what little I have of theirs. Oh yeah, I had the opp. to fire a AR-10 car and that was a nice piece. I like the brake they use too. Mild on the line and fairly effective.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:13:30 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:47:29 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:10:53 PM EST

This company is not the original one that invented the rifle, sorry.

Explain how it is not? Harley-Davidson was owned by AMF then bought back. Is it the same Harley-Davidson? How about Colt? Or Jeep?

www.armalite.com/library/history/history.htm

You said you were sorry, ok. Answer my question. Based on your statement, ArmaLite is like H-D and Jeep.

I did answer your question. What in the hell does Harley Davidson and Jeep have to do with it?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:00:39 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:07:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2004 5:10:01 PM EST by QCMGR]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:42:33 PM EST
I didn't know thw $70 also includes a flash hider. I just bought one today at a gun show for $5 bucks. Oh well. It doesnt sound like it's too hard to remove the compensator, but it's always the little things that turn into biggies. Maybe I'll leave this one, along with the front sight base swap, to a pro.

Kevin
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:50:36 PM EST
M15-A2 and AR10-A4. Both work great, never had to call customer service. Got a free flash hider for the AR10.

My only complaint is that Armalite doesn't replace all the ammo I shoot under their lifetime warranty.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:52:34 AM EST

You made a statement that you cannot back up. The name ArmaLite, the Intellectual property and the customer good will is the same as it was in the 50’s. The company has changes hands, just like H-D and Jeep. Following your logic, current H-D motorcycles and Jeep off road vehicles are not from the same company that invented their respective products. If that is what you are saying then at least you are consistent.

It is ArmaLites dedication to their customer base that brings me back. The are a great company.

Different owners, different products, differnet location.

I was not talking about those other companies, you brought them in.

I never said Armalite was better or worse than its predecessor.

I will agree to disagree.

NO BIG DEAL.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:18:41 AM EST
Top Top