Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/12/2005 12:10:06 PM EDT
I have a new no-ban Armalite SOF 223 do they have the M4 ramp?  mine looks like it does
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
no.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Just came across this while looking

Armalite is now introducing a semi-auto version of the Mid-Length Carbine called the Special Operations Forces (SOF) Carbine. This is a post-ban gun that features a fixed-position telescoping/retractable-style stock, M4-style 16" barrel w/muzzle brake. The Armalite SOF Carbine will be available in both A2 and A4 configurations. Armalite also has AR-10 versions in 7.62x51mm/.308 caliber.

According to reports, the Armalite Mid-Length Carbine is 100% mil-spec. Also, the feed ramps of the barrel extension extend down into the mag well for greater feed reliability under adverse conditions. This should greatly reduce the risk of nose dives. As if all this isn't news enough, there's a new mil-spec A.R.M.S. Mid-Length S.I.R. System designed to perfectly complement the Armalite Mid-Length Carbine and SOF Carbine. The new A.R.M.S. Mid-Length S.I.R. System apparently mates perfectly to the Mid-Length Carbine(and SOF Carbine) upper receiver, since both components are mil-spec.

http://www.defensereview.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=360
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess I should clarify. Is this Armalites modification, or is it a true colt style M4 ramp?

Please do not reply unless you are in the know.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

They are about as reliable a source as the crackhead down the street...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I remember reading the same thing from armalite.   It is not the standard rifle feed ramp.   Is it Armalites copy of the M4 feed ramp or is it to Colt's specifications.  I don't care about defense review, heads, crack or streets.    
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are about as reliable a source as the crackhead down the street...

Sad, but true.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Look at this you can see albeit poorly the cut  in the upper receiver.  A standard rifle does not have this.   The cut was there before anodizing and matches perfectly with the barrel extension.  

Is it an exact copy of the colt M4 ramp?  is it Armalites

Fuck defense review

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:03:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Well they are right this time, still no one has answered my question.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmm.  where are all the quick answers now?  Everyone must be looking... thinking realizing that feed ramp is not a standard rifle, but what is it?  M4 style for sure.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#11]
This is an email an response from Armalite:

From:  Rob Kelley [kelleyr @ armalite.com]; on behalf of; ArmaLite Sales [sales @ armalite.com]
Subject:  RE: Looking for a flat top receiver with M4 ramps

All of our receivers now have the M4 ramps, both in the M15 series and the AR-10's.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2004 5:35 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Looking for a flat top receiver with M4 ramps

I have one of your flat top receivers on one of my ARs and want another for another build.  The one I have has the factory M4 ramps in the receiver and I would like to get the same.  Thanks for any help.

Ray
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Is it me or does a high post count indicate an inverse relationship with what the poster is actually correct about.  Higher the post count = less precise answers.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#13]
That's what I was looking for.  
Thanks  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Is it me or does a high post count indicate an inverse relationship with what the poster is actually correct about.  Higher the post count = less precise answers.  

Is it me or do people who joined here in 2004 rude and a PITA?

Hmm looks like Armalite recently changed - sorry if I didn't get the freaking memo.

Still doesn't help DefenseReviews credibility - even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:25:03 AM EDT
[#16]
When I visited Armalite, there was a rack of bins full of barrel extensions. (Many hundreds, probably thousands of b-e.) They were all cut to M4 style. As I didn't have a pair of dial calipers in my pocket, I couldn't measure them to determine if they were exactly to Colt specs, but they sure looked like they'd do the job if they weren't.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for all the info everyone

Sorry Forest it just seems that I get a lot of right and wrong answers from high post count know it alls that never seem to post any questions.   It's like some people always need to have an answer.  I may have been wrong to group you in with them.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top