Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2003 1:55:27 PM EDT
I have heard nothing but good about these things, but I have one very pertinant question.  I know this puts the scope at the same level as standard irons, but how much objective bell will clear with this mount.  I know this is kind of a long shot with all the different forarms, Adjustable Objectives and all.  Can anyone give me a clue.  Like what about a 50mm Bushnell Elite, Anyone put a scope with that size bell on with this mount??  Anyone have a problem getting a scope to fit with this mount, if so what was the scopes dimensions and how wouldn't it fit (not far enough forward, wouldn't clear the forearm ect)

Any idea of what to expect is really what I'm looking for.  For all I know, I might have plenty of room for an objective that size, I have never seen one mounted in person, so I don't know.

Thanks In Advance,

Gundraw
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll want a Swan Sleeve to clear the front sight tower.  Otherwise it's gonna annoy the hell out of you.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used mine with the front sight on and it's really not that bad. I have a Leupold 3x9x40 on it and it clears with no problem at all. I have around 5/16" of clearance from the bottom of the bell to the top of the hand guard. Im not sure what that would convert to in mm. But I would think a 50mm would clear it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The irons are 35mm above the rail, so if the Armalite mount puts the scope at the same position, it should easily work with a 50mm objective.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet,

I actually have a flip up front site. So the front site tower isn't a problem.[:D]

Now I'm just hoping I can get one of these long puppies to mount far enough forward so I get some decent eye relief.  I made my mind up on a Bushnell 4200, but now it's either the 4-16X 50 or the 6-24X 40mm.  I'm thinking 4-16 SHOULD be enough for good varmint and target.  Given the length of the 6-24 (I think about 17"!!!) it might have to.

Thanks again
Gundraw
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I made my mind up on a Bushnell 4200, but now it's either the 4-16X 50 or the 6-24X 40mm.  I'm thinking 4-16 SHOULD be enough for good varmint and target.  Given the length of the 6-24 (I think about 17"!!!) it might have to.

View Quote

I've got both of these scopes and they are AWESOME! Of the two, go with the 4x16x50. It has more internal adjustment and the 50mm obj will give you a brighter veiw at higher power settings in less than perfect lighting conditions. I do wish Bushnell would offer the mil dot reticle in the 4x16. It's only available in the 6x24 and fixed 10x 3200 series.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:44:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a 10X56MM IOR on my AR10 using the ArmaLite 1 piece scope mount.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Correction, the Armalite mount positions centerline of the scope tube .150" lower than iron sites. --RR
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top