Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2003 6:08:16 AM EDT
I'm wanting to put a Armalite 16" Mid Length barrel on a Bushmaster flat top upper. Will I have any problem doing this, or is there anything that I should be aware of before I have my gunsmith put this barrel on this upper? I have had problems with mixing parts from different companies in the past.

I am unable to look at Armalite's PDF catalog online and they haven't updated their website in a while.

-Do they offer the 16" Mid Length barrel in a pre ban configuration?

-Do they offer the Mid Length in anything but a heavy barrel countour?

-Are their barrels chrome lined?

Any help would be appriciated.

Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#1]
#1  Yes

#2  Yes - Gov't Profile

#3  Yes
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info Kevin.

Has anyone put a Armalite barrel on a Bushmaster upper?  Any problems or things I should know about before I start this project.

Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#3]
My SIR #58 Middy is an Armalite bbl on a Colt M4 upper.  Other than having M4 feep ramp cuts put into the bbl - no other work was done, and it runs real good [:D].

I would say based on that you should have no problems with a bushy upper.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Troy,

I have gotten three Gov't profile (A2 front) midlengths from Armalite.

1 was bbl only (#58 SIR gun)

1 was preban w/ bayo lug (M/L FFRAS gun)

1 was preban w/o Bayo lug (pictured)

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=17300[/img]

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=17301[/img]

Dimater appears to be the same as the Colt M4 bbl's I have

*What I am trying for now is one of the their SOF bbls in preban

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Kevin,

Thanks for the pics!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:09:04 AM EDT
[#7]
- no problem, I am on sick leave and can't get any shooting in anyway (at least not on base...)
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Kevin,

Did you get your gov't profile midlength barrels directly from Armalite? I don't see them listed on the Armalite website. Did you special order them? I sent them email and haven't recieved a reply...

Thanks,
Tim

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top