Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/2/2016 11:32:34 AM EST
I'm refabbing my 7 year old Armalite AR10 and need a better trigger.  Recommendations?  The only thing a google search turned up was Jard and Timney.  Is there a pin size I need to look out for?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:33:35 PM EST
Standard sized AR15 triggers and pins

Older Armalite AR10s had a narrow opening for the trigger on the bcg, but I'm pretty sure your's has the wider cut if its only 7 years old. I think they changed it around 2006 or so.

So, pretty much any trigger today will fit.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:45:53 AM EST
Don't overlook the Armalite National Match trigger. IMHO it is a very good trigger and priced right as well.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:22:30 AM EST
I agree with the above I also like the G2S and SSA. I like all those better then HI Speed trigger that I have tried and they are cheaper too...
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 10:17:22 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bjwar10:
Don't overlook the Armalite National Match trigger. IMHO it is a very good trigger and priced right as well.
View Quote

Armalite makes great triggers. I personally am getting away from 2stage triggers though. Been shooting better with single stage, but that's just my preference.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 8:08:16 PM EST
I have used Rock River national match with surprisingly good results. Not very expensive and feel great. Nothing beats my G2S and SSA though.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:07:40 PM EST
I personally am a fan of the LaRue MBT. I put one in my LR-308 and absolutely love it. So much so in fact, that I bought 2 more when they went on sale for $99. But it is still a hell of a deal for $125. If you need it right away, its gonna cost you another $75. But well worth the wait.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:06:57 PM EST
I.m a big ArmaLite two stage FCG fan. I have them in my AR-10's and AR-15's. They use a spring on the disco that you can adjust. You have three positions for three different pull weights. My AR-10B is over 10 years old and several thousand rounds, FCG has been perfect.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:16:36 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sacadelic:
I personally am a fan of the LaRue MBT. I put one in my LR-308 and absolutely love it. So much so in fact, that I bought 2 more when they went on sale for $99. But it is still a hell of a deal for $125. If you need it right away, its gonna cost you another $75. But well worth the wait.
View Quote

This is what I recommend for most uses.  You can get a better trigger but it costs twice as much.  MBT's are great triggers for the money.

Other good triggers include the Geissele G2S, B-G2S-E and High Speed National Match.  I think DPMS still has the G2S for $109 right now.
Top Top