Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2003 3:17:19 PM EDT
How does the Armalite compare in quality, fit & finish, accuracy, reliability, etc., to RRA and Bushmaster??
Specifically, a 20 inch M15A4 chrome lined barrel.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:19:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The armalites are excellent fit and finish a buddy has one the only thing to check for is to make sure it dosent have a matchgrade chamber they are tighter and only take match grade ammo
The barrel is 4140 steel but so is evrey one elses besides colt and bushmaster they use the spec 4150 steel,if you can get one for 700 to 750 get it if your going to the 800 to 850 range go RRA or bushmaster.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How does the Armalite compare in quality, fit & finish, accuracy, reliability, etc., to RRA and Bushmaster??
Specifically, a 20 inch M15A4 chrome lined barrel.
View Quote

I believe you'll find the ArmaLite more accurate and with better fit and finish.  I have an M15A4 Carbine and it has been thoroughly reliable.  RRA and Bushmaster are also good AR's.  (The ArmaLite is likely to cost a little more - but not much.)
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 5:40:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. I can get an Armalite for the same price or maybe a little less than a RRA, both new in the box. What about the Armalite scope mount?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 5:52:09 AM EDT
[#4]
ditto to above.

i would get an ARMS scope mount.  or just a set of high ARMS rings.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 5:52:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Everyone who has the Armalite scope mount raves about it.  I'm gonna pick one up this weekend, so I'll let ya know.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:04:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I actually had a conversation with ArmaLite management about their scope mount and was amazed at the planning and work that had gone into the design.  In the world of high priced mounts the ArmaLite is a real sleeper and a bargain.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:55:41 AM EDT
[#7]
The Armalite scope mounts are excellent. Far superior to others I've used.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#8]
What other type scope mounts have you used?
I chamber is 223
I kind of like the the chromed lined barrel, over the non chromed barrel.
What about IOR scopes? Or a Nikon scope?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Took my 20" Armalite M15A4 to the range last Saturday. Four rounds to sight the scope in and 14 of the next 16 in one ragged hole. (I got tired of not making the hole larger and shifted my POA slightly.) 25 yards, bipod, and Federal Q3131A. Love it!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What other type scope mounts have you used?
I chamber is 223
I kind of like the the chromed lined barrel, over the non chromed barrel.
What about IOR scopes? Or a Nikon scope?
Thanks
View Quote

I've used ARMS mounts a good bit.

Chrome lined barrels are just fine most shooting.

I've not used IOR as yet but have been eye-balling one of the IOR scopes to use on an AR-10 carbine.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#11]
anyone using a arms mounts Sir #58 mid-length?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top