Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 7:29:10 AM EDT
Am I a moron?I just got the new Troy Flip Up Front sight and have two questions here:

1.)  The sight arrived stuck in the "up" position, and I can't get the damn thing to go down!   I guess it's stuck (unless I'm missing something, but using thumb pressure on the release button does nothing).  I'm tempted to hit the button with a hammer or mallet to get it to release, but just wanted to get advice here before proceeding.  Anyone else have this problem?

2.)  Does this sight co-witness properly with my ARMS #40 BUIS or do I need the Troy rear sight too?  I've just eyeballed it so far, but the Troy front sight appears HIGHER than the fixed front sights I'm used  to on my other carbines...

Thanks for any info/help here!

Will

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:40:09 AM EDT
I shot some teflon bicycle lube down inside the pushbutton and along the spring face, and worked it in,  They come tight and dry

LINK FOR SIGHT TOOL
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:47:32 AM EDT
1.  Troy sights need lube they are so tight.

2.  Sights are sights.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:55:37 AM EDT
The button is tough to press when new.  It only releases at the very end of its stroke so be sure you are pressing it all the way in.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:16:25 PM EDT
Thanks guys.  I'll try the lube.

Is the Troy front sight HIGHER than the standard front sight on an M4 style carbine, or is it just that the protective "wings" around the front sight post on the Troy make it look taller than it is?  

Will
Top Top