Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/14/2003 2:33:30 PM EDT
New Bushy with LE buttstock and I can't get the screws out (so I can add an adjustable butt plate). Any tricks to getting the screws out? Thanks in advance.
Tom Bergman
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Aw c'mon, help a stupid newb out. Are the screws in the stock reverse threaded or something? I don't want to booger them up my first night.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I've heard that Bushmaster red loc-tites the screws. It may take allot of torque.

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
a REALLY big screwdriver, to give you alotta torque.  If you can get our hands on one.  a big torque wrench with a screw driver socket.  I actually jimmy rigged one with an old 3/8 socket and a bit from an electric screw driver.  A power driver may work, but it may to hard to cortrol causing you to strip/scratch the buttstock.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Yikes. OK, I think I have a plan. Thanks guys, at least I don't feel so puny now.
Tom
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top