Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/28/2004 5:46:11 PM EST
With all the "discussion" going on recently about Colt's perceived political correctness, I have come up with a little test to see if you are as politically correct as Colt. If you answer "yes" to at least two of the following questions, then you are indeed as PC as Colt. Here we go...

1. Do you have a driver's license?
2. Do you register your vehicles with your state of residence?
3. Do you have car insurance only because the state requires it?
4. Do you pay your speeding tickets?
5. Do you own a car with all it's emissions equipment still intact?
6. Do you pay taxes?
7. Do you recycle?
8. Do you know your social security number by heart?
9. Do you actually fill out the form 4473 with accurate information?

and finally...

10. Do you actually have a concealed carry permit allowing you to carry that handgun legally?

Feel free to flame away, but at least take the test.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:48:22 PM EST
The difference there is between breaking the law or not... Not hardly anything to do with being PC.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:50:02 PM EST
Excuse me, I'm a Colt fan and have several, but I think their not selling now legal guns to upstanding citizens is pure BS

Blackhorse
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:53:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
With all the "discussion" going on recently about Colt's perceived political correctness, I have come up with a little test to see if you are as politically correct as Colt. If you answer "yes" to at least two of the following questions, then you are indeed as PC as Colt. Here we go...

1. Do you have a driver's license?

yes
2. Do you register your vehicles with your state of residence?

yes
3. Do you have car insurance only because the state requires it?

no
4. Do you pay your speeding tickets?

sometimes
5. Do you own a car with all it's emissions equipment still intact?

0 for 3 on that one
6. Do you pay taxes?

What they can prove
7. Do you recycle?

No
8. Do you know your social security number by heart?

Yes
9. Do you actually fill out the form 4473 with accurate information?

never filled one out

and finally...

10. Do you actually have a concealed carry permit allowing you to carry that handgun legally?

no

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:57:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By DM1975:
The difference there is between breaking the law or not... Not hardly anything to do with being PC.

If you are afraid to exercise your freedoms and break the law, then you are the epitomy of PC, my friend.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:01:01 PM EST
So if I OBEY the law, I don't have a Right to complain that Colt is "obeying" a law that no longer EXISTS?

HTF does that make any sense?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:03:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By DM1975:

If you are afraid to exercise your freedoms and break the law, then you are the epitomy of PC, my friend.

prohibition is an example of a law that no longer applies. Would you work at a liquor store and refuse to sell alcohol to private citizens because of that, today?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:06:04 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:07:51 PM EST
I think you are confusing rebellious and contempt for PC.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:11:06 PM EST
I think Bradd_D needs to get Colts ding-dong out of his hiney.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:13:33 PM EST
If you suggest I dont pay my speeding tickets, then I think you are a little loose upstairs...
If you are suggesting I should not have car insurance... then I think if I ever get in an accadent with you and have to pay out of my own pocket cause you are uninsured then you will have to pay for your own medical bills after I put you in the hospital...(not a personal attack, just making a point)
If you are telling me not to pay my taxes... well, I agree on that one...
If you say drive without a drivers license then you are saying that any moron should be able to drive right?
I am not going to continue but do you get the picture? It is not PC it is doing what is right.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:18:00 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:22:46 PM EST
Hey Bradd what do any of those things some of them privelleges and not guaranteed rights have anything to do with Colts political corectness towards the second ammendment.None of the things you listed have anything to do with the fact that colt itself is anti second ammendment and anti consumer.If the BATF has no problem with the ban expiring then why should colt.They do not support the right to keep and bear arms wich has nothing in common with the privellege to have a drivers license.Drivers licenses are not guarunteed by the bill of rights.So colt isnt being PC by not offering rifles with the features we want they are being anti second ammendment by doing that.I think you need to think hard before posting nonsense that has nothing to do with the fact that colt hates the consumer and apparently the constitution as well.I was always brought up that actions speak louder than words and colts actions are deafening.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:26:23 PM EST
The instigator of this thread has made a lot of silly posts on the forum...methinks he just likes to start shit for the sake of it. I am not going to post much negative feedback for him as he obviously just feeds on it. Whilst some folks may look at pr0n this guy probly gets his fun by jerking off guys on a message board...Enjoy yourself Bradd_D.

Oh yea, just to show you that I am impartial about Colt dude I would have no problems owning one at all. Nor would I feel 'undergunned' with one

But you old boy, you just might wanna back up off the jungle juice for a bit, or maybe you should find a more comfortable place to sit. Seems like you might be sitting in a lumpy Colt chair
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:27:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2004 6:31:42 PM EST by mattld]
[rant on]

Jesus Christ. All of you, GROW THE FUCK UP!!!!!

Who gives a shit about Colt. Who gives a shit about Bushmaster. Bradd, why the hell do you feel the god damn need to start a topic defending Colt every week??

If people don't like them, let them not like them. Quit trying to get them to "see the light", cause odds are they won't anyway. What are you trying to convince people to do? Buy Colt? Not bash Colt? You know what? Who gives a flying fuck! Quit trying to "get back" at everyone who does not like Colt by showing them that Colt ain't all that bad.

Jesus Christ! .... God Damn! .... Holy shit! .... Where's the Tylenol........

[/rant off]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:28:01 PM EST
Being politically correct means having your behavior modified to conform to social norms. Most often this is accomplished by the institution of laws. If you obey these laws, then you are exhibiting what is considered politically correct behavior. If you disobey these laws, then you are deemed socially unacceptable and incorrect. Laws are not the only method of modifying your behavior, though. Sometimes, it's just the thought of what others will think of you. For example, would you walk up to someone on the street in public and refer to them using a racial slur? It's not illegal, but would you do it?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:32:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 6:36:10 PM EST by model927]
Bradd what are you a fucking therapist,since when did this site turn into a god damn AA meeting.So your saying colt is trying to modify our behavior by trying to get us to accept their watered down product.And I like to be treated as I treat people,if some one threw a slur at me they would get it right back.Im more of an eye for an eye type person but again inalienable rights have nothing to do with priveleges,bad anologies all of them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:32:28 PM EST
If you continue to disobey the law then chances are you will eventually go to jail, then guess what , you won't be owning Colts or Bushmasters. That's the way it is.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:33:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By arjohnson:
If you continue to disobey the law then chances are you will eventually go to jail, then guess what , you won't be owning Colts or Bushmasters. That's the way it is.

+1
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:33:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By model927:
Bradd what are you a fucking therapist,since when did this site turn into a god damn AA meeting.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:36:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By Lord_Vulcanizer:
The instigator of this thread has made a lot of silly posts on the forum...methinks he just likes to start shit for the sake of it. I am not going to post much negative feedback for him as he obviously just feeds on it. Whilst some folks may look at pr0n this guy probly gets his fun by jerking off guys on a message board...Enjoy yourself Bradd_D.

Oh yea, just to show you that I am impartial about Colt dude I would have no problems owning one at all. Nor would I feel 'undergunned' with one

But you old boy, you just might wanna back up off the jungle juice for a bit, or maybe you should find a more comfortable place to sit. Seems like you might be sitting in a lumpy Colt chair

Hey...are you coming to the shoot in B'ham on the 23rd?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:38:02 PM EST

I didn't know there was one...why do you ask?

Wes
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:38:17 PM EST
Put down the KY and step back away from the computer.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:41:38 PM EST
Spoken like a true elitist.

YOU get to decide what is PC, and what is not, and YOU get to come up with the test.

The real answer is.... NOBODY is as PC as Colt.

Oh... I almost forgot......

Colt sux.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:43:04 PM EST

Wes

Just thought you might be interested in meeting some good folks and playing with some cool toys. A bunch of us from GA try to make it down whenever they have a shoot there. Check out the Gulf States Hometown Forum for details.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:44:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By FALARAK:
Colt sux.

You should get that tattooed on your lily white a...oh, I can't say that...it wouldn't be politically correct.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:45:19 PM EST

Colt sux.

You should get that tattooed on your lily white a...oh, I can't say that...it wouldn't be politically correct.

Hey, don't go giving me ideas!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:50:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By model927:
Put down the KY and step back away from the computer.

Hey...no comments from you until you get the whole feedramp thing figured out!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:52:52 PM EST
I got to admit as much as I love to debate with you sometimes you do crack me up,I guess now Ill be known around here as the anti feed ramp guy
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:53:14 PM EST
politically correct
adj. Abbr. PC
Of, relating to, or supporting broad social, political, and educational change, especially to redress historical injustices in matters such as race, class, gender, and sexual orientation.
Being or perceived as being overconcerned with such change, often to the exclusion of other matters.

An example of pc is on the ethnicity line changing negro to african american or caucasian to white.
The term you are advocating is civil disobediance.
How does not having a drivers license equate to a company not selling a desired feature because of being overconcerned with change, often to the exclusion of other matters.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:58:25 PM EST
1. Do you have a driver's license? Yes, and the test should be harder
2. Do you register your vehicles with your state of residence? Yes
3. Do you have car insurance only because the state requires it? No, but it sure does cost a lot
4. Do you pay your speeding tickets? Yes ( far to many of them )
5. Do you own a car with all it's emissions equipment still intact? Doesn't matter in this state
6. Do you pay taxes? Yes but sKerry thinks I should pay more.
7. Do you recycle? No, it is not as good an idea as you might think.
8. Do you know your social security number by heart? Oh, come on.
9. Do you actually fill out the form 4473 with accurate information? What is that? LOL

and finally...

10. Do you actually have a concealed carry permit allowing you to carry that handgun legally? Of course, it is my right.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:02:02 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 7:05:10 PM EST by Bradd_D]

Originally Posted By krpind:
politically correct
adj. Abbr. PC
Of, relating to, or supporting broad social, political, and educational change, especially to redress historical injustices in matters such as race, class, gender, and sexual orientation.
Being or perceived as being overconcerned with such change, often to the exclusion of other matters.

An example of pc is on the ethnicity line changing negro to african american or caucasian to white.
The term you are advocating is civil disobediance.
How does not having a drivers license equate to a company not selling a desired feature because of being overconcerned with change, often to the exclusion of other matters.

At some point, in the history of driving in this country, someone decided that people just weren't being very safe while operating their motor vehicles. They came up with the notion that people needed to be tested and licensed to drive said motor vehicles. This notion brought about broad social, political, and educational change in our country. As a result, we are required to have a driver's license to operate a motor vehicle even though it's obvious that we really aren't any safer. Not having a driver's license means you will be considered incorrect and unsafe. BTW, safety is probably one of the biggest reasons used to modify perceived incorrect behavior.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:04:13 PM EST
When Bradd_D talks about Colt.................just walk away.

He is a little touchy about the subject. Not that I want to touch him or anything.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:05:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By OFFSHORE:
When Bradd_D talks about Colt.................just walk away.

He is a little touchy about the subject. Not that I want to touch him or anything.

That was a sexual innuendo and is certainly not politically correct.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:16:31 PM EST
I work a lot of Saturdays. I work on helicopters at Ft. Rucker so if they ask me to work a Saturday then I work...I'm not wealthy like the Colt owners are and I dont make jack for money. Helicopter mechanics are kinda like the people that work at fast food places...dont make no money man. But I will look into it and see what is going on. Never know...If I dont make it maybe some of the guys you're pissing off might LOLOL

Later,

Wes
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:16:52 PM EST
Well I don't live in Comiefornia so PC is out the window.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:22:15 PM EST
colt is making a business decision. you must respect that. i have no problem buying a Bushmaster (as i did last week), RRA, Oly, Armilite, ect... if i want the bayo lug and adjustable stock. this is probably an attempt at avoiding lawsuits or maybe they just have too much parts stock that they need to clear. who cares? colt makes good, overpriced, post-ban gun. if that is what you want it's a free country. leave the rest of us alone.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:23:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 7:23:59 PM EST by El_Roto]

I'm not wealthy like the Colt owners are [...].
Wes

Sterotyping! Soooo not PC.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:11:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By mattld:
[rant on]

Who gives a shit about Colt. Who gives a shit about Bushmaster. Jesus Christ! .... God Damn! .... Holy shit! .... Where's the Tylenol........

[/rant off]

Yo Matt..touche`!!!! and I like Colt...when they're not fuckin the consumer .45's are POS too! Buy KIMBER!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:15:05 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:27:10 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:30:20 PM EST
I only got 8 of those.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:35:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By NoComp:

Originally Posted By mattld:
[rant on]

Who gives a shit about Colt. Who gives a shit about Bushmaster. Jesus Christ! .... God Damn! .... Holy shit! .... Where's the Tylenol........

[/rant off]

Yo Matt..touche`!!!! and I like Colt...when they're not fuckin the consumer .45's are POS too! Buy KIMBER!

Which Kimbers, the ones with the fantastic "Shwartz" safety, or the other ones?

Some people...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:46:54 PM EST

Oh... I almost forgot......

Colt sux.

Wow, this must be true since you said it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:01:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:
So if I OBEY the law, I don't have a Right to complain that Colt is "obeying" a law that no longer EXISTS?

HTF does that make any sense?

It doesn't except to people who want to apologize for bad corporate policies, bad for gunowners that is.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:16:31 PM EST
1-10 are laws.

Bayonet lugs, collapsible stocks, and flash hiders are not against the fucking law anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Therefore, 1-10 do not apply in this situation.

What is PC really? PC in the gunindustry is what do a bunch of non gun owners think about your rifle.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:00:19 PM EST

Wes

Just thought you might like to play with some cool toys. A bunch of us are GAY, try to make it down

Huh????
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:33:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By 89grand:

Wes

Just thought you might like to play with some cool toys. A bunch of us are GAY, try to make it down

Hmmm...sounds like my kind of party!!!!

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:59:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By nueboch:
Excuse me, I'm a Colt fan and have several, but I think their not selling now legal guns to upstanding citizens is pure BS

Blackhorse

My feelings exactly...I have had many Colts over the years, but unless they change their policies I will not buy a new one again. I would buy a used one if the deal is right, because they won't make a dime off the transaction.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:06:55 PM EST
You really do need to get out of the house and get yourself a hobby, or a woman, or both.
Newsflash, nobody gives a shit whether or not you buy a clot, or 20 of them.. Why do you give a shit what anyone else buys?

Here's an example. You are an idiot. you dislike Bushmaster. I own 2 Bushmasters. Since you are an idiot, I don't care about your opinion.

Substitute whatever brand you like above, but bear in mind you're still an idiot.

How's that for PC, you slope eyed, bean eating, wetback, frog, kraut, limey, commie, dothead, raghead, bluegum?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:10:36 PM EST
"Jesus Christ! .... God Damn! .... Holy shit! .... Where's the Tylenol........"

[/rant off]

LoL
>>>>>>

"Shitters full, Merry Christmas!"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top