Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/3/2006 6:57:33 PM EDT
The National Guard Armory in my area are about to sell a few thousand or so M16s to the public. They are going to take out the fire control group and sell the rest of the rifle for $550 to $650. From what I gather, they are getting new isuued M4s I and going to sell the older rifles. If the rifles they are going to sell used to be select fire weapons, would'nt the serial numbers show them as being so even without the fire control group?

Ken
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I seriously doubt they are doing this.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The National Guard Armory in my area are about to sell a few thousand or so M16s to the public. They are going to take out the fire control group and sell the rest of the rifle for $550 to $650. From what I gather, they are getting new isuued M4s I and going to sell the older rifles. If the rifles they are going to sell used to be select fire weapons, would'nt the serial numbers show them as being so even without the fire control group?

Ken

If they are selling these M16's as you describe, it will be highly illegal.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ken

I agree.  They aren't going to sell these with the hole for the auto sear.  No way.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you sure they aren't selling them as demilled machine guns?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ken

I agree.  They aren't going to sell these with the hole for the auto sear.  No way.

Maybe selling it with out the receiver?

Is it possible to drill the sear pin hole to make it larger and then plug it with a steel pin?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#6]
pick one up for me!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ken

Is it possible to drill the sear pin hole to make it larger and then plug it with a steel pin?

Once an MG always and MG right? With Very, Very, Very, Very few exceptions.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ken

Now that you mention it, I think your right...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ken

Now that you mention it, I think your right...

...unless it's a demilled machine gun.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top