Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2016 3:29:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/15/2016 3:31:15 AM EST by Biker1]
I've enclosed 2 photos.
1st photo is a brand new FailZero BCG w/Exo Coating.
2nd photo is supposedly of a brand new FailZero bolt carrier w/Exo Coating.
Does the 2nd photo show tooling marks or are those wear marks?

Link Posted: 12/15/2016 3:38:04 AM EST
2nd photo seems to exhibit wear marks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 3:43:35 AM EST
Thanks. I wanted to be certain as those marks are kind of all over the place, like wear marks on a used BC.
The first photo is pristine, and obviously as advertised.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 8:20:04 AM EST
If those are wear marks I would expect the ramp the hammer rides on to be worn also.
Some of it looks like machining, either way I would expect it to be replaced.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 8:27:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/15/2016 8:28:12 AM EST by beavo451]
What "wear" marks are you referring to? There are no wear areas in the places you have pictured.

The hammer may wear slightly on the bottom (top in your picture) edge. Everything else are non-contact surfaces. A little rough looking for sure.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 12:15:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/15/2016 12:17:42 PM EST by Biker1]
The ramp is fine.
Just sloppy machining.
I started a thread previously in the Build it forum but was told the Discussion forum is a better place for it.
That thread didn't include these 2 photos.
But basically, the thread had to do with Botach Tactical bait & switch. Selling products advertising them as FailZero when clearly they are not.
I have a FailZero BCG from Primary Arms which is perfect (top photo), with 2 more on the way. Primary Arms btw, is exemplary in not only the products they sell, but their customer service/response times.
This bait & switch carrier (bottom photo) was purchased from Botach before I found out about their history. I immediately knew this wasn't a FailZero product. I was given 0% cooperation from Botach admitting they sent me the wrong carrier, and will be returning it for a full refund, including return shipping and original shipping charges. I have my cc company involved.
I contacted FailZero to make them aware of this issue, including sending them the many photos I have. They confirmed that this is not a FailZero product and that they are very concerned that Botach is selling products under their name when clearly they are not, and will be communicating with Botach shortly to discuss this matter with them. FailZero is not very happy, and that's putting it mildly.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:08:21 PM EST
That looks like shit is what it looks like. I'd ask for a new one.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:39:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/16/2016 6:41:44 PM EST by Biker1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pumpkinheaver:
View Quote

I returned this to Bocrap Tactical for a full refund.
Now I'll see what these Bait & Switchers refund me.
They originally emailed me that this is what they received from the manufacturer, FailZero and basically they delivered as described. Must be some zombie dust in that Las Vegas water.
Lies to customers and tries to bad mouth FailZero. Not real good business practices.
Obviously, this is not manufactured by FailZero. I received the other 2 FailZero BCGs from Primary Arms, and they are as nice as the other FZ BCG I have.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:45:42 PM EST
those are tooling marks
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:19:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/16/2016 8:25:42 PM EST by jasonm4]
Originally Posted By gunner76:
those are tooling marks
View Quote

This. They do not wear like that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:31:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By Biker1:

They originally emailed me that this is what they received from the manufacturer, FailZero and basically they delivered as described. Must be some zombie dust in that Las Vegas water.
Lies to customers and tries to bad mouth FailZero. Not real good business practices.
Obviously, this is not manufactured by FailZero. I received the other 2 FailZero BCGs from Primary Arms, and they are as nice as the other FZ BCG I have.
View Quote

I remember seeing that the other day, didn't you have some SxS pics of both carriers asking if one was legit?

I was interested in FailZero's response but couldn't find the thread.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:02:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/19/2016 12:19:35 AM EST by Biker1]
Originally Posted By Mike_Deezy:

I remember seeing that the other day, didn't you have some SxS pics of both carriers asking if one was legit?

I was interested in FailZero's response but couldn't find the thread.
View Quote

Yes. I'll post a link to that thread in a few minutes.
Link to the other thread
As an update regarding my contact with FailZero, I spoke with Tara who is the Customer Service Manager, who also has been in communications with the head of Tech Support, in addition to her boss, and they have all read & viewed my emails, which included the multiple (approx. 10) photos I enclosed, and all agree that the bolt carrier is not a FailZero product, in addition to agreeing that the machining on the BC is 'terrible,' and that they are very concerned regarding this issue as it pertains to their customers, and to their reputation in the industry.
Without me going into more detail regarding what I was told, FailZero will be moving forward, sooner than later.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:26:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/16/2016 9:27:20 PM EST by jasonm4]
Glad to hear they take care of their customers. And good for you. Noted
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:22:12 PM EST

Yes. I'll post a link to that thread in a few minutes.
Link to the other thread
As an update regarding my contact with FailZero, I spoke with Tara who is the Customer Service Manager, who also has been in communications with the head of Tech Support, in addition to her boss, and they have all read & viewed my emails, which included the multiple (approx. 10) photos I enclosed, and all agree that the bolt carrier is not a FailZero product, in addition to agreeing that the machining on the BC is 'terrible,' and that they are very concerned regarding this issue as it pertains to their customers, 0and to their reputation in the industry.
Without me going into more detail regarding what I was told, FailZero will be moving forward, sooner than later.
View Quote

Good deal, thanks for the link and update.

Glad to hear FZ is going to to take care of this.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:33:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/17/2016 2:19:54 AM EST by Biker1]
Originally Posted By Mike_Deezy:

Good deal, thanks for the link and update.

Glad to hear FZ is going to to take care of this.
View Quote

Yes, I returned the bait & switch BC to Bocrap for a full refund, yet to be seen, and even more importantly is that others won't fall into the Botach Tactical BAIT & SWITCH Trap, and that FailZero will notify these con artists and hopefully help to put an end to the deceptive business practices which Botach has been getting away with for years.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:13:59 AM EST
wow....

Thanks for the info. I have a few of the FZ bolts and so far have not had any issues or seen any machine marks like those pictured.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:41:18 AM EST

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pumpkinheaver:

I received my Fail Zero BCG from Primary Arms on Friday too

It most definitely does not look like that bottom picture.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:47:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/19/2016 1:16:36 PM EST by Biker1]
Yes, the 3 I have look really nice. Will be getting to use them in a couple of weeks.
People that don't know any better, with the Botach decisiveness/bait & switch tactics, in addition to continuing their facade through emails continuing to bs their customers that they got what they ordered, refusing to pay for return shipping, will think this is FZ quality, which is the complete opposite of the truth. And that's one of the reasons why FailZero is not very happy about this.
Top Top