Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2009 3:26:39 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a black colt preban lower to match the post ban black colt uppers? From what I have seen almost all of the colt preban lowers are a lighter shade that the newer postban ones. I would be interested in finding a preban colt lower to match a postban colt upper without refinishing it.

Thanks in advance guys!
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I may be mistaken, but I believe colt changed the color shortly after the ban started.
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#2]
really? please tell me there is some oddball model or year that they were black like the new ones.

Also, is it a bad idea to refinish a preban colt lower to match a post ban colt upper?
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#3]
FYI...I know a guy in NY that took a pre-ban lower and a new upper and had them re-finished to match.  Turned out bad ass!  Just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 4:49:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I may be mistaken, but I believe colt changed the color shortly after the ban started.

That sounds about right, maybe just before the ban, maybe after.

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 4:54:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Also, is it a bad idea to refinish a preban colt lower to match a post ban colt upper?

If the color match bugs you, then you are better off just having one reanodized and getting the color you want.
I would not bother with the color match, but that is a personal decision.
I don't remember the company that does reanodizing but I have read posts from people here who have had it done and were very happy.

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#6]
my pre ban Colt lower pretty much matches the upper I substituted later...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#7]
When you get it refinished do you need to do a form for the transfer or the lower or anything else in the legal sense?

Also, about how long and how much does it cost to have a grey colt preban lower refinished to black?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When you get it refinished do you need to do a form for the transfer or the lower or anything else in the legal sense?

Also, about how long and how much does it cost to have a grey colt preban lower refinished to black?

US Anodizing is a great company.  They are a FFL so you send the lower directly to them.  Look at their web site for color and pricing.  They list a lower as $75, plus $25 if an old finish needs to be removed.  If you have any questions e-mail them. The owner, Victor responds pretty quickly.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top