Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2009 2:26:39 PM EST
Does anyone know of a black colt preban lower to match the post ban black colt uppers? From what I have seen almost all of the colt preban lowers are a lighter shade that the newer postban ones. I would be interested in finding a preban colt lower to match a postban colt upper without refinishing it.

Thanks in advance guys!
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 3:11:54 PM EST
I may be mistaken, but I believe colt changed the color shortly after the ban started.
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 3:29:31 PM EST
really? please tell me there is some oddball model or year that they were black like the new ones.

Also, is it a bad idea to refinish a preban colt lower to match a post ban colt upper?
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 3:45:38 PM EST
FYI...I know a guy in NY that took a pre-ban lower and a new upper and had them re-finished to match. Turned out bad ass! Just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 3:49:46 AM EST
Originally Posted By CombatMP:
I may be mistaken, but I believe colt changed the color shortly after the ban started.

That sounds about right, maybe just before the ban, maybe after.

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 3:54:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2009 3:55:31 AM EST by BillBond]
Originally Posted By johnmac4u:
Also, is it a bad idea to refinish a preban colt lower to match a post ban colt upper?

If the color match bugs you, then you are better off just having one reanodized and getting the color you want.
I would not bother with the color match, but that is a personal decision.
I don't remember the company that does reanodizing but I have read posts from people here who have had it done and were very happy.

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 9:42:54 AM EST
my pre ban Colt lower pretty much matches the upper I substituted later...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:58:45 AM EST
When you get it refinished do you need to do a form for the transfer or the lower or anything else in the legal sense?

Also, about how long and how much does it cost to have a grey colt preban lower refinished to black?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:16:28 AM EST
Originally Posted By johnmac4u:
When you get it refinished do you need to do a form for the transfer or the lower or anything else in the legal sense?

Also, about how long and how much does it cost to have a grey colt preban lower refinished to black?

US Anodizing is a great company. They are a FFL so you send the lower directly to them. Look at their web site for color and pricing. They list a lower as $75, plus $25 if an old finish needs to be removed. If you have any questions e-mail them. The owner, Victor responds pretty quickly.
Top Top