Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2009 3:50:28 PM EDT
And by standard, I mean one like an M14, FAL, G3, ect.?   I heard that Bushmaster was going to make one that took FAL mags.  Did they?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
And by standard, I mean one like an M14, FAL, G3, ect.?   I heard that Bushmaster was going to make one that took FAL mags.  Did they?  Thanks.

Bushmaster did then they quit making it and RRA took the license back, and started making their own version that takes FAL mags, but the wait on an RRA is about 6 months.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Try doing a search. There are lots of threads about the different manufacturers and what mags they use.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Something to consider: Magpul is supposed to be making the DPMS style Pmags. Along with the CProdcts and DPMS mags, that should help a lot with the mag shortage for that style. If the .308 Pmags are as nice as their 5.56 mags, the DPMS mags should come back down in price (due to the competition). And since the military is adopting that style (for the SR25/MK11/M110), you could say that it IS the new "standard".

I sure wish that all the different .308 AR makers would have had the same mag and rifle specs, right from the start (like the AR15). It would have made things a lot more simple. But like Billy Bob said, "Wish in one hand, and shit in the other, and see which fills up first".
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#4]
the ar10 faq in the ar10 forum has a list
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top