Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:38:47 PM EDT
Are there any 16" barrels with 1/7 twist that are not mid-length gas system? At a resonable price? I am looking to replace a non-threaded Hbar from Model 1.  Twist isn't as important as threads and lighter weight.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, Colt, LMT, CMMG all make them and Bravo company will have some soon. They are usually M4 profile (if that matter to you?)
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Almsot everyone makes a M4, and some make it in an Hbar as well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are there any 16" barrels with 1/7 twist that are not mid-length gas system? At a resonable price? I am looking to replace a non-threaded Hbar from Model 1.  Twist isn't as important as threads and lighter weight.

You might also want to look into the Bushy Superlight barrel (1/9 twist, crome-lined, 4150 steel)

That would be a nice light barrel and they are offered in pre-ban now(duh).

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:26:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, I was kind of vague. I am looking for something M4ish but without the notch (I think there are laws against grenade launching in my township). I have the Bushy Lightweight on another carbine and I would like something a heavier than that , but not as heavy as Hbar. I know I could have mine threaded and turned down under the handguards but that would cost more than this barrel is worth.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:43:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sorry, I was kind of vague. I am looking for something M4ish but without the notch (I think there are laws against grenade launching in my township). I have the Bushy Lightweight on another carbine and I would like something a heavier than that , but not as heavy as Hbar. I know I could have mine threaded and turned down under the handguards but that would cost more than this barrel is worth.

If you don't want an M4 profile or light weight profile, that will make it much tougher. BTW - if you don't like them that's fine but just because you township has a law against grenade launching doesn't mean you can't have a barrel with the M203 notch in it. I have never seen any laws that dictate barrel profile, only length.

I'm not aware of any 16" HBARs with a carbine gas system and 1/7 twist which is what Stick eluded to but if there is such a beast and you can find it that will be your best (only?) bet and then just send it to ADCO and have them re-profile it to a "medium" profile. Good luck
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:03:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Bushmaster made a special run of 16", carbine gas system, 1/7 HBAR non-M4 barrels during the ban period, thus no muzzle threads and coveted bayonet lug.  I have two of them.  One is running right now and the other is a backup for that rifle.  Occasionally you will see these for sale on the EE.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top