User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 9:29:57 PM EDT
Or were they hacked?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 1:10:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Not that I'm aware of. However, some people have not been able to get in.
Please email Saaby @ candlepowerforums.com so he can help you get back in.

Good Luck!

Al  
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
There seems to be an issue with the candlepowerforums domain name and mail is returned undeliverable.Someone has hijacked the domain name apparently.i can't get in either.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:31:25 AM EDT
[#3]
No luck yesterday or this AM either.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I got an email back explaining how to get in. Unfortunately, it reads like it was written by a computer engineer and I cant even begin to follow  the instractions.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Guys, Try this direct link to the forums instead of the WWW.candlepowerforums link. Then click on main index. If it works for you, save the link till they resolve the problem.

[url]http://209.67.62.186/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=385952&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1[/url]

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:19:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is what Sasha (One of the Administrators over at CPF) posted:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT!!

The problem is that the domain name is not pointing to the correct server which is Digital Princeton. DO NOT start bashing our server or emailing them or otherwise blaming or harrassing them for our problems!!! This is not their fault and they are under no obligation whatsoever to fix it!! However, Steve at Digital Princeton was kind enough to help me out tonight and the fix has been made. The bad news is that it will take some time. We will have to wait for it to propagate through YOUR servers! This is not something that CPF or DomainDiscover or Digital Princeton can speed up or control. You will just have to wait it out.

Adjusting the host files as has been posted here will overcome the problem but be sure to change your settings back once you can get into CPF without that change in host setting. I think the longest it should take for anyone is about 48 hours.

Please be patient and pass this information on to anyone you can contact who may not be able to get in to read this.

Thanks everyone!"

So I guess we occupy ourselves with other activities. There's this new thing called a "book" that I may try out. Not quite sure what to do with it though....

Al
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top