Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2011 5:39:13 AM EDT
I recently purchased a slightly used AR-15 from a friend.  He built it with top quality parts (LaRue, Rock River, LMT).  For the most part, it has shot only brass cased ammo.  Towards the end of him owning it he started to shoot Wolf steel cased ammo because of the cost difference.  Now that I own it, I want to treat it as well as he did.  Being cost conscious, I'm leaning towards shooting Wolf FMJ ammo.  Without starting a forum I would like to know your thoughts on shooting steel cased ammo.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:49:51 AM EDT
[#1]
If it goes bang, shoot it.

Steel case will not hurt it.

This has been covered a million times on here.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:08:30 AM EDT
[#2]
It has more to do with the gun than the case. Stainless barrels don't like steel cased on my AR's. If your gun shoots it then use it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:10:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If it goes bang, shoot it.

Steel case will not hurt it.

This has been covered a million times on here.

I'm sorry, I'm new to the forum.  I read through many pages in this section but didn't come across it.  Thanks for the response.  The Wolf seemed to have better groupings than the Federal my father-in-law was using.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:37:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:43:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Does two men kissing do physical damage? No.  But it's still WRONG.... just like shooting steel cased ammo!
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:10:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does two men kissing do physical damage? No.  But it's still WRONG.... just like shooting steel cased ammo!

pathetic....

Read the COMBLOC AMMO FAQ

If it cycles, it cycles.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Ammo FAQ, entry #5
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top