Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/9/2010 4:20:07 PM EDT
Just installed a mil-spec 6-position extension on my Daly lower with a Magpul MOE stock. When fully extended it is noticeably shorter than my Bushmaster with a commercial tube and Magpul CTR fully extended. Note: stock pads are same size.

Is this normal? Seems odd...are mil-spec tubes just shorter or holes positioned differently? I checked that both are mounted correctly (tubes and stocks).
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#1]
milspec about 3/4 inch shorter.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Commercial tubes, like your Bushy uses, are usually longer...especially the ones with the slanted aft ends.

ETA: That's why the commercial spec CTRs use the plastic spacer between the end of the stock & the rubber butt pad.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top