Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/6/2012 2:41:24 PM EDT
I have what I am pretty sure is a Colt upper. It has a 20" barrel marked "C MP CHROME BORE"
That is the only markings I can find on the barrel at all.
Are they all 1:12 unless marked differently?
Also, what are the going rate on these used? If this is a 1:12 I think I would like to sell it off and pick up a 1:8 or 1:9
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have what I am pretty sure is a Colt upper. It has a 20" barrel marked "C MP CHROME BORE"
That is the only markings I can find on the barrel at all.
Are they all 1:12 unless marked differently?
Also, what are the going rate on these used? If this is a 1:12 I think I would like to sell it off and pick up a 1:8 or 1:9
Thanks.

Yes, if it's the 20" pencil barrel it's an M16A1 or Sporter 1 upper.  they were all 1/12. Complete upper without bolt carrier group, worth, $450-550 maybe?
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
How'se it shoot?
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How'se it shoot?

Great. More accurate than I am.

My other rifle is a 1:7, and I would like to keep all my plinking rounds the same (m855), I don't have much 55 gr stuff left.
I'd like to switch to a faster barrel so I can somewhat accurately plink with the 62 gr stuff and run better heavier ammo for hunting.

Would probably be cheaper to just swap a flat top upper on this one, put a good scope on it and use it as is with lighter grain loads.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#4]
You could probably do better selling it. Lots of us are looking for Colt M16A1 uppers for retro builds.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Pop the upper off the lower. You should be able to tell via eyeballing whether it is 1:12 or 1:7.
Where it would get more confusing is if it is 1:9 vs. 1:7.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top