Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/16/2006 10:07:59 AM EDT
I am looking to rebuild some mags, they worked fine with standard power springs, and for the most part still do. But I just think it's time to change springs, so my question is whether or not the wolf springs are worth it. Do they last longer than the G.I. springs? This is about the only possible benefit that I can see because you can't get much more reliable than 100% as I have had with my stock springs.

Input?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
"I am looking to rebuild some mags, they worked fine with standard power springs,"

go standard. cs springs.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]

I am looking to rebuild some mags, they worked fine with standard power springs, and for the most part still do. But I just think it's time to change springs, so my question is whether or not the wolf springs are worth it. Do they last longer than the G.I. springs? This is about the only possible benefit that I can see because you can't get much more reliable than 100% as I have had with my stock springs.

Input?

I guess my first question would be why swap out the springs if they are working?  USGI springs will last a long time.  Unless you shoot a high volume on a regular basis, there usually isn't a need to change the springs.  With that said, Wolff makes nice springs.  CP has standard USGI springs as well as chrome silicone springs at a lower price.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:05:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Properly manufactured (standard USGI) stainless springs have worked extremely well for a long time.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#4]
i have some mags that have seen a lot of use and have purchased them a while back.  No issues with the springs.  Usually the failures to feed are attributed to the followers.  Once i reolaced the followers no more feeding problems and the mag runs like a champ.  (I use magpul followers with the stock springs)
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top