Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/26/2005 3:30:08 PM EDT
Besides the ejection port cover, is there a difference between the uppers? Can you switch out a A2 .45 upper receiver with a standard AR-15 A3 upper receiver?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:49:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 2:50:34 AM EDT by SBR7_11]
The receiver only holds the barrel in place and provides a runway for the bolt to travel...

Swap away...

If you running the Olympic system, then you will need to mount your ejector in the replacement upper if needed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:03:42 PM EDT
I'm getting an Olympic upper in .45, in the A2 configuration. I have an A3 upper reciever just sitting around. I've seen reference to the ejector mount, but without having seen it in person, I'm not sure how difficult it would be to swap the upper recievers.

Is this very obvious? Does it involve drilling??

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:10:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By helogene:
I'm getting an Olympic upper in .45, in the A2 configuration. I have an A3 upper reciever just sitting around. I've seen reference to the ejector mount, but without having seen it in person, I'm not sure how difficult it would be to swap the upper recievers.

Is this very obvious?
Yes

Does it involve drilling??
Yes. There is a drawing floating around here recently as to the proper placement of the holes for a machinist to plot tthe holes with a digital read out.

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:24:49 PM EDT
Does it involve drilling??
Yes. There is a drawing floating around here recently as to the proper placement of the holes for a machinist to plot tthe holes with a digital read out.

Thanks

SO....anyone have a COPY of this drawing????

IF I were to email Olympic, would they SHARE???
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:46:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By helogene:

SO....anyone have a COPY of this drawing????

IF I were to email Olympic, would they SHARE???

Look through the available pages here currently, as it wasn ot that long ago, it is buried in a thread. I am on a SLOW system, so it would take me a while to search all the topics in the 6-8 available pages here.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:54:20 AM EDT
Here are some pictures. Sorry I must have missed the drawing so can't help on that. I don't think Oly would share their drawings with you, but a few people, like Devin at SNS Industries can drill the holes for you.

Large pic
photobucket.com/albums/v364/Tomtx/?action=view¤t=original.jpg
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:27:30 PM EDT
I found that I saved the drawing to my home computer when sorting through some pics tonight.

.......... I'm sitting here waiting for pics to upload to photobucket.........

Ok,,, took a couple minutes,

here it is --

Top Top