Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2003 6:20:45 PM EDT
I shot around 400 rounds of The Silver bear 62hps with the nickel cases in two different ARs that I own a month ago at a shoot. Well I went to give them a quick cleaning before this months shoot, and on the bolts of both guns there was a blob of blue carbon. Is this corrosivness? There was a little mark on the one bolt but its really nothing.I cleaned both the guns. Blew them off with gun scrubber and cleaned them with MP7 than wiped them down with clp.The bores looked fine, they arent chrome lined.I know the boxes say Non corrosive. What is the blue crap?Has anyone else had this problem and should I be concerned? All I use this ammo for is shooting steel plates and plinking Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't seen any BLUE crap on the bolt.  Have seen a couple little flakes of red from the sealant used on the primer.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I have seen the red stuff from the primers. The blue crap was on both of my bolts. They sat around for almost a month.It came off without a problem.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top