Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/23/2020 3:47:02 PM
Posted: 6/23/2017 5:32:40 PM EDT
So eventually I would like to have an IR/WL option on all my rifles (16" and 10.5 inch).  Both of these are backed up by DBALs for long range IR illumination so I want the white light to be a house light and the IR to be more of a "navigation" light.

On my 16" 13" rail AR I have one of the older vampires, and it's good for now.  

On my SBR I just put an offset rail section and IR/WL WML, it really fucks with my grip, the end of the rifle is to busy.  I'm also not a big fan of the WML in this role.  I think an something like a G2x with a filter in an offset mount might solve my problem.  

I've seen flip filters but never seen if people are very fond of them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:54:07 PM EDT
Only really work with the incan bulbs.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:27:40 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Postal0311:
View Quote
This.  Not worth the trade offs, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:28:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Postal0311:
View Quote
And even then the amount of IR output is unusable. If your looking for a dual role IR/White light look at any dual head SureFire V series light such as the M952V etc.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:22:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/23/2017 7:26:02 PM EDT by SD307]
why not a surefire scout  Vwith the k2m head.

I  went with a streamlight tlr-2 eyesafe IR LASER /IR LED ILLUM & a surefire x300. my mono is a gen 2+

I can see the laser out to 700 meters & theIR illum out to 200 meters depending on weather.

at $411 it is a no brainer ir laser, illuminator  CLICK ME

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:01:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MunnyShot:

And even then the amount of IR output is unusable. If your looking for a dual role IR/White light look at any dual head SureFire V series light such as the M952V etc.
View Quote
I have a M952V on my long rifle, and it's to big to go on my SBR the way I want it.  But now I'm looking at the smaller V. I was hoping for something cheaper, but it's looking like there isn't an option.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:12:42 PM EDT
streamlight has the VIR it is $405 on amazon click white light & IR laser based illuminator

I used to own one it performed very close to my 952Vbut is a TLR sized light. I thibk it has about 300 lumend on the front

specs

Visible C4® LED, impervious to shock with a 50,000 hour lifetime
       12,000 candela peak beam intensity; 300 lumens; runs 2.5 hours
       Deep dish parabolic reflector produces a concentrated beam with optimum peripheral illumination
   Infrared illuminator - 850 nm LED. Shock-proof with a 20,000 hour lifetime
       1000mW/sr (min) radiant intensity providing optimum illumination when using night vision equipment; runs 20 hours

Solid-state current regulation for consistent illumination level
6000 series anodized machined aircraft aluminum body with high impact, chemically resistant engineering polymer IR LED housing
View Quote
Top Top