Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/30/2005 7:07:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/30/2005 7:07:21 PM EDT by safetyhit]
Should one assume that boxed IMI M855 is new, as in non-reject military spec? I have lots of it, and I always assumed it was. Am I wrong??
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:20:56 PM EDT
I would say that is a correct assumption.
And if you want to unload some of it, let me know.

M4-CQBR
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:06:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4-CQBR:

M4-CQBR

Great, and thanks. I want to keep what I have, but if you really want some try ammotogo.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:34:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By safetyhit:

Originally Posted By M4-CQBR:

M4-CQBR

Great, and thanks. I want to keep what I have, but if you really want some try ammotogo.

ammotogo is the idiot selling the, .223 Raufus (Super Incendiary) HE Ammo, on gunbroker right?

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:17:01 AM EDT
Yes, photoman, he that person. Why do you call someone who I personally like an idiot because they sell Raufus? To me, they are excellent people to deal with, period (And I live only 15 minutes from Eric the Ammoman). If it is because he sells incendiary, give me a break. Many others do, and it is up to the shooter to watch what they are doing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:48:36 AM EDT
Ammotogo for the most part has some pretty good deals.I miss the 1000 rds of bulk IMI for $130.00 that they had.Damn good ammo for the price,not to mention not even a percentage of dinged rounds compared to the Lake City bulk PD.Its to bad people always give these non site supporters so much grief.Ammo is ammo if the quality is better and cheaper thats where I go and customer service is a plus to.Atleast with ammotogo if he sends an item out and it gets damaged he helps you out unlike ammoscam.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:59:54 AM EDT

Yes, photoman, he that person. Why do you call someone who I personally like an idiot because they sell Raufus? To me, they are excellent people to deal with, period (And I live only 15 minutes from Eric the Ammoman). If it is because he sells incendiary, give me a break. Many others do, and it is up to the shooter to watch what they are doing.

I'm sorry I should have been more clear on the idiot comment, I ment passing off a round as HE, sorry but they don't make HE rounds in .223 or 7.62x54, or 308 or 30-06, as it would be considered a DD. Incindeary is one thing, I have some myself in 30-06. But to say a roundis a HE round it's false advertising and playing on hype to unknowing consumers. I don't think thats nessesarily honest, because iut is NOT HE. And there is liablity involved in that because of truth in advertising. He opens himself up to a lawsuit for advertising a product as something it's not, and legaly couldn't be sold to you or I execpt as a DD if it did exist.

But there is always the who is the true idiot the one lying about what he is selling or the one who doesn't know and buys it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:00:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2005 11:01:10 AM EDT by photoman]

Originally Posted By AZPLINKER:
Ammotogo for the most part has some pretty good deals.I miss the 1000 rds of bulk IMI for $130.00 that they had.Damn good ammo for the price,not to mention not even a percentage of dinged rounds compared to the Lake City bulk PD.Its to bad people always give these non site supporters so much grief.Ammo is ammo if the quality is better and cheaper thats where I go and customer service is a plus to.Atleast with ammotogo if he sends an item out and it gets damaged he helps you out unlike ammoscam.

I only give grief when I see shit advertised as something that it CAN NOT BE. His deals on other stuff may be good(they always look to be) but I have this thing about truth in advertising....
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:20:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By photoman:

I'm sorry I should have been more clear on the idiot comment, I ment passing off a round as HE, sorry but they don't make HE rounds in .223 or 7.62x54, or 308 or 30-06, as it would be considered a DD. Incindeary is one thing, I have some myself in 30-06. But to say a roundis a HE round it's false advertising and playing on hype to unknowing consumers. I don't think thats nessesarily honest, because iut is NOT HE. And there is liablity involved in that because of truth in advertising. He opens himself up to a lawsuit for advertising a product as something it's not, and legaly couldn't be sold to you or I execpt as a DD if it did exist.

But there is always the who is the true idiot the one lying about what he is selling or the one who doesn't know and buys it.

Wow, you are really a witty guy. Let's see if I can possibly find a comeback to your brilliant statements. If he sells ammo that is not what he claims, then he is wrong. Personally, I know nothing about that as I have only purchased his IMI M855 and XM193 from them.
As far as you calling me an idiot, you can go f--- yourself.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:26:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2005 11:27:35 AM EDT by Ky_Bob]

Wow, you are really a witty guy. Let's see if I can possibly find a comeback to your brilliant statements. If he sells ammo that is not what he claims, then he is wrong. Personally, I know nothing about that as I have only purchased his IMI M855 and XM193 from them.
As far as you calling me an idiot, you can go f--- yourself.

Safetyhit: If you reading comprehension was a little higher, you would have noticed that he was talking about people who buy it not knowing it is not what is advertised. Since you stated that you did not buy any of it, he is in fact, not talking about you.

BTW: His comments were not witty, they were the truth.
Are you always this hot headed and defensive?

The guy is misrepresenting some of his products, I wonder what else he is misrepresenting?

Bob
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:27:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2005 11:28:28 AM EDT by photoman]
Dude I didn't call you an idiot.

If I were going to do that I'd say hey safetyhit yer an idiot. But I didn't.

Ky_Bob thank you.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:51:47 AM EDT

Ky_Bob thank you.

That's fine, but I interpreted it differently. It seemed like a stab at the end of your statement, and I stand by that. But who really cares? I started this thread to see if others thought boxed IMI M855 was new, non-reject quality ammo and only got 1 meaningful answer. The rest has been about your dislike for ammotogo.
I am not trying to argue with you or defend them, I just want to know if this ammo is as top quality as I thought.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:07:21 PM EDT

Ky_Bob thank you.

That's fine, but I interpreted it differently. It seemed like a stab at the end of your statement, and I stand by that. But who really cares? I started this thread to see if others thought boxed IMI M855 was new, non-reject quality ammo and only got 1 meaningful answer. The rest has been about your dislike for ammotogo.
I am not trying to argue with you or defend them, I just want to know if this ammo is as top quality as I thought.

Boxed IMI M855 and M193 are both good ammo. I have less than 2000 rounds myself, but bought about 4 years ago (back when it was $190 a case). Would I pay $100 for 300 rounds now? No. My threshold for boxed IMI is about $250 ish for 1200 rounds, if its higher priced than that, I just pass. Ive seen some 1200 round cases for sale at $375+, but never saw anyone BUY it at that level. But if I found a good deal, I'd buy more.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:15:12 PM EDT

Should one assume that boxed IMI M855 is new, as in non-reject military spec? I have lots of it, and I always assumed it was. Am I wrong??

To put this to rest. No it is not rejected ammo. Period.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:25:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2005 5:27:49 PM EDT by safetyhit]
I get your point, but I hear so many people say that almost all the mil spec stuff out there, even boxed, is military reject reboxed. I believe "Federal" and "Winchester" (or their contractors) do it, but does IMI?

Edit: Never mind, spooge5150, you replied before I posted this. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:09:33 PM EDT
Boxed M855 from IMI in 30 round boxed is 1st tier US Mil spec ammo and not secconds. The hate and discontent twards "Ammotogo" stems from the fact that he uses blatently deceptive marketing techniques to push his "other" ammo, weather it be reloads etc.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:59:12 PM EDT
All of the recent discussions I've seen of the IMI M855 on AR15.com have classified it as Grade 1, military issue ammo.

Botach offered the IMI M855 late last year for $240/1200 (=$200/1000) delivered, but has been out-of-stock since then. KY Imports currently has the ammo listed for sale at $289.90/1200 (=$241.65/1000) + shipping, but doesn't show any inventory info. They might be worth a call since Ammotogo's minimum offer of $300/900 rounds is the equivalent of $333/1000 + shipping.

There's also the Winchester/Olin M855 (02 or 03 headstamp) offered by Sportsman's Guide for $299.97/1000 + shipping. Not clear on the background of this ammo, may be LE production, described as slightly blemished.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:25:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By brillo:
All of the recent discussions I've seen of the IMI M855 on AR15.com have classified it as Grade 1, military issue ammo.

Botach offered the IMI M855 late last year for $240/1200 (=$200/1000) delivered, but has been out-of-stock since then. KY Imports currently has the ammo listed for sale at $289.90/1200 (=$241.65/1000) + shipping, but doesn't show any inventory info. They might be worth a call since Ammotogo's minimum offer of $300/900 rounds is the equivalent of $333/1000 + shipping.

There's also the Winchester/Olin M855 (02 or 03 headstamp) offered by Sportsman's Guide for $299.97/1000 + shipping. Not clear on the background of this ammo, may be LE production, described as slightly blemished.

Thanks for the information. You too, Stove_Pipe (I always liked your Ted Kennedy quote). At this point, I think I can be sure it is as good as I initially thought. Seems like it is getting really hard to get. Actually, ammotogo is the only reliable source I know of, and they say they are about out.
Top Top