Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/7/2004 2:02:01 PM EST
I'm interested in BlackHawk Products Padded Weapons Case 44:

Unfortunately, for my budget the $122 list price is a lot of money for a soft gun case. However, I will consider buying one if they are actually made in the USA by American employees. I realize that BlackHawk Products is an American company and it appears that they design their products in America, but for that kind of money I want to be sure that all of my cash is going to fellow Americans' paychecks, right down to the people sewing it together and preferrably even the people running the looms that make the nylon cloth.

Also, what BlackHawk retailers do you recommend? It looks like JTAC Supply might be a good choice. Are there other dealers of BlackHawk that also support ar15.com?

Finally, if you are thinking "BlackHawk? Why is he considering BlackHawk? He ought to buy a _______ soft case", then I'd like to hear your alternative recommendations. I would like a double gun case, and it needs to be at least 44" long.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:06:45 PM EST
Buy direct. I have one coming also should arrive Thursday. I will advise on quality. I think they have a lifetime warranty. I bought a shotgun bandoleer from them & it was made in all places- VIETNAM!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:09:57 PM EST
No, they arent. Try EAGLE cases.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:48:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By AZ-K9:
No, they arent. Try EAGLE cases.

My recommendation as well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:09:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 6:09:46 PM EST by zrxc77]
Thanks guys. That definitely rules out BlackHawk.

The Eagle cases look nice, but their biggest discrete case I can find is only 42" long and I need 44":

(www.eagleindustries.com/ProdDisp.asp?PartNoID=76)

It also appears to be a single gun case, and I want a two-gun case so I can cart both my AR-15 and my bolt gun at the same time.

I'll keep looking.

P.S. I should also have mentioned that I want a "discrete" (read that "rectangular") case. I've got a thug-life neighbor and I don't want to advertise my wares.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:50:01 PM EST
maybe what you should check is something more discreet like a guitar case.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:56:49 PM EST

Tactical Tailor makes a 45" discreet case, but it is designed like the Eagle with a main compartment and the slightly smaller side pocket. No doubt they are made in the USA!

Also, the Maxpedition Sliver discreet case is advertised as a two gun case. The bag is expandible for longer rifles and the flyer shows a H&K PSG-1 fitting in the main compartment after it is expanded. I seriously doubt it is made in the USA, but they offer some tough products.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:17:20 PM EST
BUy Eagle, made in the USA, By American Workers, For Americans!!!

They do have a case that is 44 inches long it is for a scoped rifle

Here is the link

44 inch case
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:03:00 AM EST
I bought a carlos hathcock hat from them...and when I got it...it was made in FREAKING CAMBODIA! If white feather knew that he'd be turning over in his grave....I'll never buy anything from them again...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:42:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By Hoplophile:

maybe what you should check is something more discreet like a guitar case.

I have considered something along those lines. In particular, I was thinking about keyboard gig bags such as this:

Of course the Casio patch also yells "steal me", but in an urban setting I think it may attract less attention from the thug-lifes than a rifle case. I'm just not certain. And a keyboard (or guitar) case will likely require customization on my part that I would prefer to avoid.

Originally Posted By double_r76:

Tactical Tailor makes a 45" discreet case, but it is designed like the Eagle with a main compartment and the slightly smaller side pocket. No doubt they are made in the USA!

Thanks. That is a contender. It doesn't appear to be a double-gun case, but I may have to compromise on my wish list.

Originally Posted By double_r76:

Also, the Maxpedition Sliver discreet case is advertised as a two gun case.

I looked at that one also. I don't think I want it, though, because I would have to use the expandable sleeve for the bolt action, and the sleeve doesn't look like it has much, if any padding. It also doesn't obscure the contents very well, IMO.

Originally Posted By dpmmn:

BUy Eagle, made in the USA, By American Workers, For Americans!!!

They do have a case that is 44 inches long it is for a scoped rifle

Extra thanks for taking the time to provide a link and photo. I really appreciate it. However, I was hoping for a two-gun case and I want one that looks less like a traditional rifle case. In my particular situation I am putting extra emphasis on "discrete".

Originally Posted By five5six:

I bought a carlos hathcock hat from them...and when I got it...it was made in FREAKING CAMBODIA! If white feather knew that he'd be turning over in his grave....I'll never buy anything from them again...

Yep. I have ruled out BlackHawk Products for sure.

It looks like both Eagle and Tactical Tailor are made in the USA. Does anyone have any experience with WRB products? They have some possibilities, and they are made in Gun Barrel City, Texas of all places! That must count for something.

Thanks everyone for all the helpful suggestions.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:36:15 AM EST
WRB looks like they have some very good pieces of kit.....I may have to order something from them...

thanks....

Pilk
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:51:46 AM EST
These are what i use. the price is excellent and the quality is on par with the blackhawk line

www.savvysurvivor.com/tacforcediscreetcase.htm
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:33:09 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:08:33 PM EST
I just ordered a LBT discreet rifle case that has a padded divider so that two rifles can be placed in the case. I have no idea what it looks like, but it should be here next week. I got it in "Forest Green" for more of a "there's no gun in here" appearance. I'll post pics when it arrives. Definitely made in the USA to tough specs if it is like everything else LBT produces!

-Randy
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:37:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2004 12:38:48 PM EST by RAMBOSKY]

Originally posted by five5six: "I bought a carlos hathcock hat from them...and when I got it...it was made in FREAKING CAMBODIA! If white feather knew that he'd be turning over in his grave....I'll never buy anything from them again..."

Na, he would have thought it was funny. I have a cell phone case from Blackhawk which was made in Vietnam. I think that's cool. All I got from them before was an RPG up my ass and the clap twice.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:05:06 PM EST
Check out ETS
Roy is a good guy and his prices are generally about 10 bucks cheaper on the merch.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:52:41 PM EST
OK Revision to my opinion on Blackhawk.
I have a Holster which was Manufactured years ago it is Made in USA
I just bought one for my nephew to use and I think I could have gotten a better product from an Airsoft place! this one was Made in Vietnam and it is horrible.
Buy from Eagle I have a holster from them that is a great price of gear.
ETS carries some Eagle products.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:59:11 AM EST
for crying out loud......get a pelican case, I thikn they are airline rated too?
Top Top