Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/21/2003 9:06:42 AM EDT
I live in argentina and i might have a friend ship a 14.5 M4 profile barrel this way...our customs wont be a problem, the question is, can a private citizen ship a barrel assembly overseas legaly? As little as i know about US laws they are not considered firearms, right?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:08:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:19:54 AM EDT
Parts is parts, unaware of any restrictions that specifically preclude barrels. Mike
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:46:40 AM EDT
While there are a lot of restrictions regaring importing barrels, firearms, and ammunition INTO the US, exporting parts seems mainly limited to business commerce and "Export provisions are administered by the Department of State." Go to this site ( http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/aecactnf.pdf ) and download: The Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. § 2778) / 18 U.S.C. § 1715 (Nonmailable Firearms) and read the regulatons. Very convoluted to me.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:45:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 1:02:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Troy:
Originally Posted By mr_wilson: Parts is parts, unaware of any restrictions that specifically preclude barrels. Mike
View Quote
....The US has signed a number of treaties regulating and restricting the export of small-arms, and this includes parts, optics, lasers, magazines, and ammunition. There are exporters who do this for a living and know how to navigate the necessary red tape. -Troy
View Quote
Troy, then your customs are not doing their job, because i have gotten small arms parts, shipped by private civilans before. Parts such as Handguards, front sights (thanks jafo), pistol grips, magazines, even telestocks. So, that's why i was wondering about barrels. Since they dont have Serial#s they should be ok. Anyways if anyone know for sure, that'd be cool. HUNTER.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 1:18:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 1:54:30 PM EDT
According to Brownells: Gun parts totaling $100 or more may not be shipped outside the United States without proper export licensing. A gun part is "any item necessary to the operation of a weapon". This includes triggers, magazines, grips, actions, pistol frames and barrels. Shippers Export Declaration Fees (SED) - An SED is required for all gun part orders and export license orders. Export License - An Export License is required for all gun part orders exceeding $100.00 (U.S). Export licenses are issued by U.S. State Department and may take between 30 and 40 days to receive. All actions, barreled actions, pistol frames, barrels, barrel liners, and cylinders (even if their price is less than $100, will require a United States Export license.)
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 1:46:46 PM EDT
Just have him send it from here, should be legal. If you have problems down there just pay the "mordida".
Top Top