Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2006 9:56:49 PM EDT
I'm a police officer and our small dept. doesn't  issue AR's. I would like to build one, but cost! I don't make alot. So please help me, by telling me good and cheap parts. I'll have to buy alittle at a time. Unless some has one that they can sell cheap ( whole Ar)! Please tell me some places to buy from and who to stay away from. I want a car stock  and flat top with carry handle. Mid lenght grips and 16" barrel. Crome lined. I worry about scope later.
Thanks All    David Crockett Sr.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I am building an all Rock River flat top carbine for under 700.  May still be high for you but you can order it in parts.  130 for the lower, 68 for the buttstock, 62 for the lower parts kit and the big one is 434 for the upper.  All of those prices include taxes or shipping, but are all totals.  I also am getting an ARMS 40 Back up iron site for around 95, which puts it in at around 800.  There are several kits you can buy for around 500-600 but you still have to buy a stripped lower receiver.  I decided to pay a little extra and have a full RRA rifle.  Any other questions you have just ask.  If you can wait you can piece it together with used parts from the EE.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#2]
When building make sure not to skimp on the barrel and bolt.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Model 1 Sales kit and the lower receiver of your choice.... can be done approx $600.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I got my lower locally and got the rest of the parts from Pete at Legal Transfers.  If you're in a hurry though try to find a dealer like Eagle that has uppers in stock because Pete has a pretty long backorder wait.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:05:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Look into LEO discounts, you can get them cheap
You can some times get the PD to buy it ( if you pay for it )and get a good price

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:06:24 AM EDT
[#6]
 If you don't mind putting your stuff together,  you can do it pretty cheap.   I haven't ordered an upper from these guys,  but looks like they are DPMS.
JSE
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:28:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd think that you should be able to do one over time for $400-500 pretty easy. Just watch the EE like a hawk! Flexibility in terms of configuration (ie 16", 20", A1, A2, ect), few lightly used components, and your own wrench time and the price may drop even further. Good luck!

Keep in mind the real expense comes in when you build your second, third, ect... These freaking things are addictive!!! Give in to the BRD! Resistance is futile!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Call Rock River's Ron Carter.He is national LEO sales.Just ordereed 9mm pistol top half .The discount was fantastic!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't know where you are in OK, but check out the smaller gun shows in Tulsa. I have got some very good deals there on quality used parts.
Just look around and take your time and you can find some deals.

The-Duck
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:30:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks alot for info !!! Our PD says we don't need them!!! Bad Guys Always have just as good if not better!! I will look like you say, Thanks... Let me know if you see anything . I don't get on here sometimes for days . My kids, and working werid hours.
Thanks Again  David C.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top