Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2005 5:41:04 PM EDT
Where can someone find parts for a good price, barrels, upper/lower receivers, etc...I am starting to build guns and need parts at a good price.........
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:43:07 AM EDT
anybody?????
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:14:22 AM EDT
I'm gathering parts for my first build as well. I got my lower receiver from EagleFirearms for $90, the RRA bolt/carrier assembly from them for $95, and the RRA Lower Parts kit from them for $59. I bought my A2 upper receiver as a blemished model from LAR Grizzly for $35. I got my Hogue FF forearm and grip for Xmas, so no cost there, but it was $69 at the local gunshop. I can't remember where I got my 6POS CAR stock, but it was about $50. My upper parts kit is DPMS from Midway and cost $59.

In my limited experience, Eagle Firearms has the best prices and their service has been great as well. They don't have the best selection, but if they have it, it's at the best price.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:30:40 AM EDT
thanks for your feedback...I appreciate.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:38:31 AM EDT
Go to the EE board, I just put 2 ARs togeather using all Rock River Arms parts. Ever part was bought off the EE board. I have right at 600 in each rifle. You just have to keep you eye open and get ready to say I will take it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:33:09 PM EDT
Just finished 2 builds using Ameetec lowers and I'm impressed with the quality & Teflon finish - very nice, especially for the price. Want to try one of Ameetec's A3 Teflon finished uppers next, a little pricey though.

Denny's Guns had a good deal on A3 uppers with the T numbers ........ *note to self: order one of these pronto*.

Bushmaster & DPMS both have a pretty good rep with lower parts kits - DPMS has free shipping, iirc. Been using BM's lpk's (good quality), since I had to order several other things it made the shipping reasonable.

Any dealer has M4 or A2 stocks, so pick your poison.

Barrels, now that's a different story if you're looking for an M4 profile. Have 3 16" M4 barrels on order with BM and it looks to be a 10-12 week wait from order date. They had 14.5" M4 barrels in stock a while back and I should have bought more than 2 ............. just called and the 14.5" M4 barrels are now on back order with the same wait period. DPMS had some 16" M4 barrels 3-4 weeks ago, so you might try them. Haven't checked on any other barrel profiles, so checking around might be of benefit if you're not stuck on an M4.

The Equipment Exchange is a place you can pick up everything you need and many times save coin to boot. Not to mention the hours you can whittle away there .

Good luck with your builds.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:03:13 PM EDT
Might also check CMMG and Delton for barrels. CMMG had some 11.5" barrels. They were very nice to talk to also.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:32:32 AM EDT
thanks
Top Top