Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/1/2006 7:48:44 AM EDT
Let's hear your favorite AR-related April Fool's announcement! Here are two to get things started:

1. Cabelas Is Stocking ARES Shrikes, Customers Are Taking Them Home in Droves This Weekend

2. Senator Hillary Clinton Proudly Displays Her New Black Rifle at Press Conference

John
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:09:35 AM EDT
3. California abolished their AW laws in a notice on the CA DOJ website this morning.

4. In related news, San Francisco judge has deemed the SF handgun ban unconstitutional and has implemented a Shall Issue CCW with no restrictions.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:33:15 AM EDT
California is the greatest state in the union!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:40:37 AM EDT
Alex Robinson saying two more weeks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:00:29 AM EDT
"After decades of fruitless lobbying; a spokesman for the Brady family has issued a statement that the Brady's, founders of the Brady Gun Law, will retire from their lobbying attempts to restrict gun ownership in the United States and retire to pursue a more peaceful hobby."

"Senator Hillary Clinton is officially announced to be the Democratic runner for the Presidency in 2008."

"Former New York Major Rudy Giulliani becomes the Republican candidate for President."

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:12:20 AM EDT
I was mowing the lawn when I heard coyotes howling on the ridge across the highway from my house. I got out the 10-22 but couldn't see over the neighbor's house even standing on the riding mower, so I borrowed my other neighbor's kid's beach ball and sat it on the seat of the lawn tractor. I could only get one foot to stay on the ball, so I had to balance with the other leg as a stabilizer. I fianlly got to see where the coyote was, but he'd moved so I had to shoot left-handed. I also had to close my right eye. Also, it was getting dark so I held the rifle in my left hand and my Thor 15-million candle spotlight overhead in my right hand.
All I had for the 10-22 was CB Shorts so I held a little over- the ridge is 1.53 miles away from the house according to GPS. I wanted to make sure I hit him, so I fired the entire 25-round mag so fast the neighbors called the BATF to report a machine gun next door.
After the BATF showed up and asked me a few polite questions and then left, I went looking for the coyote. I found him, and all 25 shots had hit him in the left eye.
That's all.

1911fan
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:21:46 AM EDT
I met some well informed people at the gun show today and found a few good deals!

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:22:49 AM EDT
Beltfed Robinson Armament M-96 released today.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:45:23 AM EDT
Sarah Brady announced dead in hunting accident.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:46:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 10:47:15 AM EDT by WalkerTexasRanger]

Originally Posted By M4A1OwnsYou:

Better yet, Sarah Brady shot by Dick Cheney in a "hunting accident."
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:47:48 AM EDT
Joking Firearms announces that everything is in stock and quaranteed same day shipping.
You will not be charged until your order arrives and you are satisfied!

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:54:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WalkerTexasRanger:

Originally Posted By M4A1OwnsYou:

Better yet, Sarah Brady shot by Dick Cheney in a "hunting accident."

Hahahha. Sarah Brady shot by anyone would be nice
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:13:01 AM EDT
Not related but.....
Thank you AR15.com YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
I knew nothing about ARs and other fun guns till I came here.
Much appreciated to the site and those who contribute knowledgable info.

Lol ,I didnt want to start a new thread and jam up the boards more.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:13:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1911fan:
I was mowing the lawn when I heard coyotes howling on the ridge across the highway from my house. I got out the 10-22 but couldn't see over the neighbor's house even standing on the riding mower, so I borrowed my other neighbor's kid's beach ball and sat it on the seat of the lawn tractor. I could only get one foot to stay on the ball, so I had to balance with the other leg as a stabilizer. I fianlly got to see where the coyote was, but he'd moved so I had to shoot left-handed. I also had to close my right eye. Also, it was getting dark so I held the rifle in my left hand and my Thor 15-million candle spotlight overhead in my right hand.
All I had for the 10-22 was CB Shorts so I held a little over- the ridge is 1.53 miles away from the house according to GPS. I wanted to make sure I hit him, so I fired the entire 25-round mag so fast the neighbors called the BATF to report a machine gun next door.
After the BATF showed up and asked me a few polite questions and then left, I went looking for the coyote. I found him, and all 25 shots had hit him in the left eye.
That's all.

1911fan

I thought the point of an April Fool's joke was to make people believe something that's not true. Not to simply relate your own experiences.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:20:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15hunter:

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:28:03 PM EDT
yep
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:31:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15hunter:

Thats still not funny.........
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:41:34 PM EDT
A cure for BRD has been found!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:45:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RED_5:
Joking Firearms announces that everything is in stock and quaranteed same day shipping.
You will not be charged until your order arrives and you are satisfied!

They would say that, the trick would be if they ACTUALLY did it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:53:10 PM EDT
Supreme court case finds machinegun ban unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:56:52 PM EDT
OK,
1) Ruger announched that they will now install a heavy barrel on the Mini14 to fix the accuracy problems and all guns will ship with Ruger 20rd mags.
2)Wolf 7.62x39 is instock everywhere for 80bucks a 1000.
3)HK will sell military style weapons on the civilian market.
Yup, April fools!!!!!! cause none of the above will ever happen!!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:13:06 PM EDT
CCW and NFA now legal in ALL 50 states, even Illinois!!!

(yeah right)

Dave W.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:44:39 PM EDT
I just won the lottery and will be buying everone of you your dream gun with, of course, all the bells and whistles. Oh yeah, and a lifetime supply of ammo to boot!!

Ah, I just love making people happy.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:18:10 PM EDT
This just in: In a surprising move by the US Congress, China is now allowed to export ammunition and firearms into the United States. Hopefully, this will please the Chinese as they have been complaining about losing $1 Billion dollars every year due to these trade sanctions.

In other breaking news, the Brady organization has given up its cause because someone read the Second Amendment and realized that the "Right to Bear Arms" is not just limited to a hunting/sporting cause.

In a related news story, the Democrats have finally realized that military appearance does not equate to a military firearm and will drop all causes to have such weapons banned. They finally realized that guns are not as easy to get as initially thought and responsible gun owners do not contribute to crimes created with guns.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:23:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 6:10:23 PM EDT by gunz4me]

Originally Posted By SlickGixxer:
Not related but.....

Thread hijackers AND off topic posters will be banned for 87 hours!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:25:59 PM EDT
1) Liberals Apologize to Bush for everything wrong they have said to him and think he is the greatest president in history.

2) Words like "Assault Weapon" and "National Firearms Act" No longer exist, infact... whats Gun Grabbing and the Brady Campaign???

3) I am the worlds richest man and Also the largest collector of firearms (Only I wish )

Nathan
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:58:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GhostRing:
I met some well informed people at the gun show today and found a few good deals!

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:01:10 AM EDT
Shotgun News pre-81 DIAS legalaity upheld in court.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:09:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:24:49 AM EDT
What should have been an April Fools thread is the Dick's Sporting Goods Remington UMC 50rd boxes for $4.48 sale.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:45:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SlickGixxer:
Not related but.....

WELCOME to the addiction.

Enjoy your stay, you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

TXL
Top Top