Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2004 2:29:42 PM EDT
I need one for an upcoming project.  It's the first time I have ever needed one.....and probably the last.  This is a special one time deal.

Link Posted: 7/9/2004 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure send me your addy and I ship tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/9/2004 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I will also be needing one of these for my upcoming first AR build.
I imagine there are so many people on this site a few of them are bound to let you borrow. Just ask, and ye shall receive, as shown by the post above mine.

I actually had someone hear about my low budget and donate a part (CJan_NH donated his charging handle w/PRI latch). Also BrightFlashlights is sending me an Allen wrench (for my YHM front sight) for free. Because of this, I will be buying one of his handguards for said build. There are some nice folks on this board.
Link Posted: 7/9/2004 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/9/2004 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/9/2004 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Not so much a build as it is a swap......

You love that little bouncer, don't ya??

The new G&R logo, perhaps?!?
Link Posted: 7/9/2004 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/9/2004 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I just happen to have two barrel wrenches (Ordered one from Bushy, it took to damn long to get here, bought one at a Gun Show, finished my AR, next 3 days the Bushy one came in.) I was going to send it back, but screw it.

It is the Heavy Duty one shown in the link below!(Has a nice coating, never been used)Heavy Duty Armorers wrench.

I will trade it for a AR15.com Bronze membership. If anyone is interested. (kidding) But I will send it if you pay shipping.
Link Posted: 7/9/2004 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#8]
POOR MAN,

Do you want it back???
Link Posted: 7/9/2004 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Nah, I don't need it. And I am in a good mood today.
Link Posted: 7/9/2004 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are we in the twilight zone???

C4

Appearently
Link Posted: 7/9/2004 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

C4

It's cool guys.
Link Posted: 7/9/2004 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Nah, I don't need it. And I am in a good mood today.

You're a good man, POOR_MAN!

Monty
Link Posted: 7/9/2004 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

C4

No I thought I would be nice after being such an ass, that's all.
Link Posted: 7/9/2004 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
No I thought I would be nice after being such an ass, that's all.

My sentiments exactly, HAHAHA and I beat you to it! (kidding)
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 6:04:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Grant, what do YOU personally use for an action block?

I have a rifle with excess windage, and unless Bushmonster wants to fix me up, I
need to scope it out myself. Shooting 4 inches right at 50 yards ;) Off a rest.....

Link Posted: 8/1/2004 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#17]
If you're smart about it, you can just fold the upper in a newspaper and clamp it in a vise. I'd keep the carrier in there just 'cuz, but you really shouldn't need to get it that tight.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#18]
If you guys are in Houston, you can come over and use my tools.

I have pretty much all the AR tools

Pin Punch kit

Alan wrench's

Action Block

Barrel tools.

YHM free float jam nut tool.

And lots of other tools (Was a mechanic)

Link Posted: 8/1/2004 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#19]
You might as well just buy the blocks and wrench, it ends up being easier in the long run!
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone want to loan me an armorer's wrench and an upper clamp sometime in the next few months? Again, this will be my first firearm so the chance of getting a second AR before getting something else (Like an AK or Remington 700, for example) will be VERY unlikely. In addition, I'm working off of a summer job which is soon coming to an end, probably, so even if I wanted another AR I couldn't get one. I'm still trying to afford this one.

I'll pay for a bronze membership if you want...I got mine free due to some sort of site staff accident during that period of time where the site asked for a password.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Take it from somebody who's been there... JUST BUY IT!

I tried to borrow the goods to do a barrel swap because I'd only need it once (yeah right ) but after finding good deals on the EE for the wrench and a couple other goodies, then finding the block at a good price new, I bought it all... And I've now swapped barrels TWICE, installed a DD forend, and I plan on building AT LEAST 2 uppers before the year is over.  Barrel assembly is SOOOO easy with the right tools, that I doubt I'll ever buy another complete upper, and CERTAINLY not a complete rifle again.

The Indian River/Brownell's version can be found for under $35 if you look (FAC, Oly).
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes, but I WON'T HAVE MONEY TO DO ANOTHER FOR AT LEAST 5 YEARS!!!
I can't AFFORD an armorer's wrench and action block...I would have to sell rifle parts! I'm not even sure my upper's gonna be done before school starts up again...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm planning to just buy one (probably the BM one or the one from Brownell's that C4igrant uses), as well as a DPMS multi wrench....  I figure that one I am done, I could easily sell them here on the EE without losing much.

...speaking of that...anyone here have a used set that want to sell me (knowing I may just be selling again soon to "share the wealth).  ;)

YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Hey , just so you know, if anybody needs one I also have the wrench everybody is interested in . E-mail me your address and I will send it to you ASAP. I will , I promise, I'M NOT LIEING!!!Take care . Coondog
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:13:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Where abouts are you, I am in Albuquerque.
Lyn
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:39:10 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm also in need of an action block and wrench if someone has a set to loan me. We can even start a traveling block and wrench set if someone wants to do that.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top