Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2002 8:52:55 PM EDT
Manufactures, pictures and advice would help.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The wilderness has the best setup.  I personally bought a GG&G mount for it, but the Wilderness one is essentially the same.  I am about to purchase one for my Rem 870 as well.  

The only drawback I have with the single point sling is it is permanently attached to the weapon.  I am attempting to get material to make a quick detach on it, so I will let you know.  But The wilderness sling is very rugged.

[url]http://www.thewilderness.com/Pages/slings_sp.html#Anchor-THE-49575[/url]
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 6:10:23 AM EDT
[#2]
The Wilderness Sells the GG&G adapter plate as part of their kit.

CQB Solutions sells the GG&G plates and their HSTS sling is a great product as well.  I have one on my carbine and like it.  There is less sling material to get tangled in your vertical grip, tac light etc.  The drawback is that is doesn't offer all the carry modes of a 3 point - stong or weak side drop, 'patrol carry', African carry etc.  Of course, who ever uses all of those...

The single point sling is at it's best on a pump shotgun, IMHO.

I have an extra GG&G plate and CQB sling that I posted in the EE a while ago - LMK if interested.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been using The Wilderness SPS on my full-stocked Dissipator, and it works great.  My only gripe is that I wish it would have a quick-detatch from the weapon.  Other than that, I give it two thumbs up.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 9:54:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's what I'm doing:
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/p537027ca87c09401458d6872318b463e/fd10e8b0.jpg[/img]

It's from Knights. QD.
Check the EE Board, Bandit is selling them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I may do that myself Cincinatus.  I just received my Z-M bungee sling from John (Bandit) and it's the best Single point sling I've seen.  No comparison to the Wilderness single point sling that now sits in my "updated gear" box. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Try www.tacticaltailor.com, look for the urban ops sling, it rocks!

It will attach to anything and doesn't require any mounts.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 1:16:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Vinnie can you tell me about the ZM Bungie sling.what makes it so good?Do they have a web sight?Thanks SJR556.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:07:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Vinnie can you tell me about the ZM Bungie sling.what makes it so good?Do they have a web sight?Thanks SJR556.
View Quote

I was originally using a CQB Solutions 3 point sling.  A couple of friends of mine were using single point slings which made transitioning from strong shoulder to weak shoulder shooting SO much more easier, so I thought I'd give one a try.  John (Ronin45) had the Z-M sling which worked extremely well.  Thus began my hunt.  Until recently I couldn't find anyone that carried the sling.  So i settled and ordered the Wilderness Sling.

When the Wilderness sling arrived it was ROCK hard.  Don't get me wrong, it functions great, but I was already used to the supple and soft CQB Solutions sling.  When Bandit-ExcaliberArms said something about trying his new KAC Sling mount with his Z-M sling I asked him if he had any Slings for sale.  He said he had a couple he picked up at a trade show, so I jumped on it.

The Z-M sling is 2/3's bungees cord.  For the Wilderness sling to function as well as the Z-M sling it need to be that much longer which meant the weapon would hand that much lower.  The Z-M sling I have on right now had the weapon sitting on my chest as opposed to the Wilderness sling which has the weapon sitting more as my belly.  Also the sling is SOFT.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#9]
[blue][b] Here's a link for Z-M

[url]www.zmweapons.com/accessories.htm[/url]

Vinnie I was just wondering was what you paid for the sling close to what the price is on the Z-M site ($38.)

SaFe ShOoTiNg
Jerry [/blue][/b][sniper]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey Jerry,

Yes, that is what John (Bandit) charged me for the sling.  Customer service was excellent.  Upon receipt of my money order, I received an automated email telling me my tracking number, then later John emailed me also saying the package was on the way, very professional.

He's also selling a KAC single point sling attatchment (see his thread in the Equipment Exchange) that I may pick up my next pay day.  The receiver plate that I have now (from  the Wilderness sling) allows too much play.  It works, but I think the KAC mount will work better.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:22:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Manufactures, pictures and advice would help.
View Quote

The [url]http://www.grsc.com/cqb.html[/url] single point is excellent quality. Examine the reasons to go single point, it's not for long hikes or target shooting. It is for rapid ambi transition in CQB environment or long gun to sidearm transition. The beauty of the CQB is it allows all that and instant weapon QD when needed.

Another bonus about GRSC is that they will customize a sling setup for you. That is how I got my custom CQB sling with the extra snaphook in the front.

Of course everyone thinks the sling they bought is best until they try "the next thing". I used a Daniels Defense (non-QD) for a while, also a Tactical Tailor 2pt (non-ambi).

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?show_all=1&start=1&id=4291620111]Link to photo album here[/url]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/pd3565e01981180f6a12341590360b65a/fd727fd3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/p2472a55fff32062adea57c331010e3de/fd8984e2.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top