Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2010 5:23:28 PM EDT
My all-BCM middy needs a good optics setup.  I want a RDS for up-close work (most relevant to taking carbine classes and range work), but also magnification to get out to 300 yards.  The idea of using a T-1 in an offset and a NF 2.5-10x24mm seemed like an interesting idea.  I'm also considering the new EOTech EXPS with a flip-to-side magnifier setup.  If you're using the T-1 in an offset mount, I'd love to hear some feedback (and see some pics).
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently had my H1 in an offset mount to be used in conjunction with a fixed 4X scope.  It's a pretty cool setup.  It isn't really comfortable to shoot, but when you need it, it's pretty convenient having the red dot right there.  The only thing that bugged me was that as small as the T1/H1 is, it sure seems a lot bigger when you hang it off of the side like that.  If I needed it for three gun or I actually used my rifle to make a living, I might have lived with it.  Since I don't, I just decided to sell my H1 and go with a low power variable scope.  On 1X they are just as fast as red dots for in close shots and at 4X you'd be surprised at what you can hit.  If you get a low power scope with good glass, it could be all that you need.  That's what I'm looking for right now.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I just made a trade w. a fellow awesome member for a new T-1 in larue offset...very excited and will post pics as soon as i receive it.
In the pic below i acquired a DD mount to do the same deal but i think the larue is gonna make it a whole lot easier.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just made a trade w. a fellow awesome member for a new T-1 in larue offset...very excited and will post pics as soon as i receive it.
In the pic below i acquired a DD mount to do the same deal but i think the larue is gonna make it a whole lot easier.
http://i49.tinypic.com/209pyd0.jpg

It's bad enough you just about convinced me to pull the trigger on the 1-4x NSX, but now you've got a T-1 offset package inbound too?!

I really do love my NF 2.5-10x32mm and saw that MSTN only has a $100 difference between the 1-4x and the 2.5-10x24mm.  It's a pretty compelling offer to get 10x magnification for an extra C-note.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's bad enough you just about convinced me to pull the trigger on the 1-4x NSX, but now you've got a T-1 offset package inbound too?!

I really do love my NF 2.5-10x32mm and saw that MSTN only has a $100 difference between the 1-4x and the 2.5-10x24mm.  It's a pretty compelling offer to get 10x magnification for an extra C-note.

IM me about both those models if your seriously looking....
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a angled T-1 mounted with a TA31 RCO,  helps alot even with an optic designed for distances and CQ
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:53:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That is a great looking setup you have there
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 8:02:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks pal!
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IM me about both those models if your seriously looking....

Thanks for the offer.  I'll reach out to you later this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So how much does a rifle length MRP with an NXS, bipod, SPR/M4, and UBR weigh.....12 pounds?

ETA: Actually, it is closer to 13 pounds by my scale with a PRS instead of a UBR, and a 16" barrel instead of an 18".

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My all-BCM middy needs a good optics setup.  I want a RDS for up-close work (most relevant to taking carbine classes and range work), but also magnification to get out to 300 yards.  The idea of using a T-1 in an offset and a NF 2.5-10x24mm seemed like an interesting idea.  I'm also considering the new EOTech EXPS with a flip-to-side magnifier setup.  If you're using the T-1 in an offset mount, I'd love to hear some feedback (and see some pics).

Don't get me going!  NF have for some crazy reason stopped making the 2.5-10x24.  You'll have to buy their longer and heavier 2.5-10x32.  The set-up you have proposed with NF's 2.5-10x24 scope and red dot/reflex offset IMO is the ideal for a carbine.  Another scope option to consider for compactness is Leupold's 2.5-8x26 MR/T it's shorter and lighter than NF's new 2.5-10x32 scope..

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Have you taken a look at our Scope Accessory Ring (SAR)?  It was designed for this exact purpose.  But, it puts the RDS right on the scope tube.  The great thing is that you can pick the angle.  The SAR has been very popular with SOF units and Law Enforcement agencies.

Do we have the RMR SAR ring yet?
I have a new day scope inbound, which was picked for use with the AN/PVS-22 also, but it needs a backup RDS.
I will be ordering Item # TNVC-SAR3PS-T1 and would love to get the RMR ring  (have a 4MOA RMR waiting) for another platform,

Many thanks!
Edwin
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 3:51:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#14]
So far its a nifty pickup, going to test it out tom. most likely.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So how much does a rifle length MRP with an NXS, bipod, SPR/M4, and UBR weigh.....12 pounds?

ETA: Actually, it is closer to 13 pounds by my scale with a PRS instead of a UBR, and a 16" barrel instead of an 18".

You know your LBS sucker.....lol, 12 lbs 6 ozs. according to my largemouth/spotted bassfishing scales
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top