Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/12/2005 4:54:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 4:56:01 PM EDT by Marksman14]
I figure since I probably will never touch the sight after initial sight in, and I'm not a fan of rail mounted flip fronts, this may be the way to go over a PRI since the thing is much more expensive than the YHM.

Anyone using one? If so, how do you like it? I really can't see spending the extra money on a PRI flip front, but if it is significantly better, then I'd rather do it right the first time.

Thanks guys,
Scott

Also, just to make clear, I am referring to the YHM and PRI gas block flip ups, not the rail mounted flip ups.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:47:16 PM EDT
If by YHM you mean the YHM9364 sight in the Bushmaster catalog, I have one installed on a Varmint Special. I first installed it during hunting season of last year with some guys waiting to sight in their deer rifles (only 2 positions to use), so I didn't take a lot of time. It's a little tricky- you have to tighten it just enough to be able to move it, since there are no reference marks to go by, just trial and error. I shot 8 or 10 rounds and wasn't getting close so gave up. Next time I tried I was alone and unhurried. After three rounds, it was right on.

I like it. Once installed it does the job.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:23:18 PM EDT
YHM-9394 is what I am referring to. Its the flip front/gas block combination.

Looks like a solid setup, but I am unsure if its solid enough. I do NOT plan on beating this rifle up, but if the situation arises, I want to make sure it will be there when I need it, and make sure its not going to move based on the way it mounts, since it looks as if it clamps around the barrel...although if troy can make a rail system using that attachment method...I'm sure YHM can make a solid front sight setup that way too.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:04:57 AM EDT
check out denny's recon thread in the ee and in the ar discussion forums

there are plenty of guys using the yhm/bayo lug gas block on their recce/recon's
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:35:09 PM EDT
I have the gas block model on my patrol rifle (co witness with aimpoint) and have had zero problems with it. I also had slight difficulty with sight in after install, but no big deal... just take a deep breath and count to ten. I installed the 24/7 big dot front post in it and am very satisfied.
Top Top