Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2007 10:43:29 AM EDT
Any impressions with it? (besides in the target)
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought one. Excellent for the price.
I haven't had the chance to fire it yet but I am very impressed by how quick this sight is at 1.1x even if it's not "true" 1X. I also love the AGOC-style bullet drop compensator up to 800 meters where the horizontal lines are the width of a person's shoulders at given distances. The reticle illumination may not be bright enough to be useful under bright sun conditions but the big fat aiming donut is just as clear and easy to use as a red dot. So that means that you don't depend on batteries to be able to use that sight at 1.1X.

The lenses are extremely clear and it may be a bit heavy but it feels very solid.

There are other sights out there which I never tried but you can't go wrong with this one.

If you want to buy one, make sure you have the last generation so you can have the CQB 223 reticle with the ACOG style bullet drop compensator:
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h228/strabismo/223cqb.gif
(since I couldn't find any pictures of it, this is a quick photoshop)
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks...just when I thought I was sold on the Leupold 1-3x14 Mark 4 CQ/T

Since they are both the same price it makes it a little difficult

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I considered the leupold 1-3X14 but I found that its mount is too high.
This is my opinion though, some other people may like it the way it is.

You should also try them first since some people have trouble using non-true 1X sights.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#4]
any other opinions on this scope??
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top