Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2003 10:26:54 AM EDT
I was wondering if the UFIR rail with a vertical grip is compatible with an Insight M3 mounted directly in front of the vertical grip.  Can you actuate the toggle switch on the M3 light effectively?  I see that GG&G offers an "offset tactical light mount" for an additional $75.  Is this needed to use this setup?
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Just for S&Gs, I slipped my sure-fire nitrolon pistol light on it. It might have worked out on a full size rifle, but not on a carbine. I was only able to activate the switch one way with my hand on the grip.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I have the exact same setup on my Bushy carbine. I swap both the M3 and M6 on a regular basis. At first they fit very snug on the UFIR, now they fit perfectly. I found the UFIR to be too short for my large paws, so I ordered a 6 inch rail from Brownells. This rail extends the entire 6 inch length of the carbine handguards. Now my left hand has plenty of room. My UFIR is now for sale for $35 shipped. The GG&G vertical foregrip is a fine unit. Since I prefer the vertical grip as close to the mag well as possible, the GG&G UFIR didn't cut it. I can activate the light or laser with my thumb or index finger. If you have a Glock with rails, the vertical foregrip will mount to the Glock's rail. It turns some heads at the range.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you have a Glock with rails, the vertical foregrip will mount to the Glock's rail. It turns some heads at the range.
View Quote

If I'm not mistaken, that makes the glock an AOW and you could get in trouble.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top