Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/24/2004 5:12:54 PM EST
Getting a 16" bull barreled DPMS flattop and am going to use it for tactical shoots. Anyone have a problem with the extra 1 lb. of weight? Some of these uppers with M4 barrels and flashlights, vert grips ARMS forends, can't weight much less, if not more.
Thanks for your opinions.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:37:34 PM EST
I have a 16" bull. Mine is not for quick tactical shooting. It is scoped with a Leupold Tactical 3-9x40 w/ mil dot. It is more useful as a spotter weapon. you can engage most targets out to 600M confidently. You probably don't want to be using it up close and standing up.
JMHO
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:50:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/24/2004 5:52:25 PM EST by mongo001]
I had a wide range of spare parts laying around and I had the same idea that you mentioned, so I built this.................................rifle. I call it a bull tactical rifle. Whether it is or not is open for discussion, I guess. It looks a little different now. The scope rings you see there were too low, so I replaced them with a higher set. They cleared the FSB better. Oh, and it has a real collapsable stock now also, a Crane clone.

I really need to update this pic.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:54:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By mongo001:
I had a wide range of spare parts laying around and I had the same idea that you mentioned, so I built this.................................rifle. I call it a bull tactical rifle. Whether it is or not is open for discussion, I guess. It looks a little different now. The scope rings you see there were too low, so I replaced them with a higher set. They cleared the FSB better. Oh, and it has a real collapsable stock now also, a Crane clone.

I really need to update this pic.

www.hunt101.com/img/158109.JPG

It looks hungry (no mag).
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:46:15 PM EST
I think I wil have an Eotech on mine, and possibly get a Carbon fiber FF tube for it. When I get it set up, I'll have to post some pics.

Mongo, any idea of the weight of yours?
Top Top