Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 8:48:50 AM EDT
Does anyone use this mount? I never hear anyone comment on using one so I'm beginning to worry.

I ask because I recently picked up a standard GG&G Aimpoint mount for my M1A/M14. I found out the hard way that my ARMS 22M68 will not work with my old style ARMS 18. I also found out the hard way that the LaRue mount will not work with the old stlye ARMS 18 either (grrr not picatinny).
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been using one for about a year, a good solid mount.  The largest drawback in my opinion, is the use of a thumb screw to lock the mount in place.  So in turn, takes a while to install and remove.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#2]
That and their prices are outrageous compared to similar quality mounts!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:56:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I used a standard GG&G mount for a good while.  It was well made and worked well.

I do think it was a bit high dollar, especially when you have to spend another $75 for a FIRE rail to get it to co-witness on a standard upper.  So, you are at $230 for a mount, when you could just spend $115 on the LaRue mount.

Are you saying you think the ARMS #18 is not 1913 spec, or the LaRue mount??

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#4]
So other than it being a bit over priced it seems no one has had any problems. Was zero repeatable after multiple mounts and dismounts?

Quoted:
Are you saying you think the ARMS #18 is not 1913 spec, or the LaRue mount??

The old style ARMS 18 is weaver style base and not the 1913 picatinny. Because the LaRue mount has the picatinny guide underneath it I cannot use it on my mount.

Here is a picture of the old style ARMS 18
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:06:31 PM EDT
[#5]
i used to have the cantilever mount.  it worked fine.  i wanted a SIR so i sold it and bought a 22M68 mount (ARMS) instead.  the gg&g mount is too expensive IMO.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So other than it being a bit over priced it seems no one has had any problems. Was zero repeatable after multiple mounts and dismounts?

I never had a problem with my POI shifting.

BUT, I do not feel that it is a bit over priced.  I feel it is SIGNIFICANTLY overpriced.  You can get something better for $115.  The GG&G runs $165.

Also, you will have to buy an extra rail to get this thing to co-witness.  That's another $75.

But, it's your money......YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I never had a problem with my POI shifting.

BUT, I do not feel that it is a bit over priced.  I feel it is SIGNIFICANTLY overpriced.  You can get something better for $115.  The GG&G runs $165.

Also, you will have to buy an extra rail to get this thing to co-witness.  That's another $75.

But, it's your money......YMMV. [/quote}

It's on my M1A so I don't have to worry about any cowitnessing issues.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I have used a GG&G Cantilever for years - solid, and hit has a place for an extra battery .
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top