Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2003 10:12:14 AM EDT
I will probably be getting a Surefire M962 very soon.

I was looking at the switch options and I'm starting think the Z48 tailcap with both the momentary on and constant switch may be the best way to go.

I was going to mount the M962 at the 3 o'clock rail on my SIR 50 but it looks like the SIR handguard will sit too low to properly activate the light by using my thumb from the fore grip.

It looks like GGG has an off-set rail mount just for this situation, have any of you tried one?

It appears this would place the light at 5 o'clock for me.  Are there any issues with this placement compared to the 3 o'clock position?

This also looks like it would work well without the vertical grip by switching ot over to the 8 o'clock position and using my support hand thumb to activate it.

Either good or bad, I'd like to hear from anyone who has tried this mount.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I would also like to see and hear from people with this mount. Is it secure and solid?

I have a Dieter CQD Vert Grip and am going to be buying a M95XX soon and would rather have a 3 oclock mount like this one from GG&G.

I am just a tad concerning about mounting the M95XX on my handguard rail on the bottom of my rifle(at 6 oclock) because something in my mind keeps saying the barrel might block some of the beam. If the light is mounted at 3 oclock it appears the light beam will have a  totally unobstructive 'view'.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Guys it works very well, the only real problem with mounting it to your hand guards is if you hit a door or door jamb or wall you will more then likey break your hand guards or foregrip.

You will be much better off on buying a RAS or RIS to mount your grip to.

Yojimbo yes it will work fine with your SIR 50 just remember it is still plastic on the bottom. Be careful and stay safe.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Boom,

Thanks for the info!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top