Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/18/2004 5:49:41 AM EDT
Just wondering if it can be done without destroying the stock.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:12:05 AM EDT
Adco has a thread about this and sells the conversion kits for $45.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:22:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:57:37 AM EDT
I think for $45 for the "conversion" kit I would just buy a whole new stock.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:41:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ian187:
I think for $45 for the "conversion" kit I would just buy a whole new stock.

I concur. Rather than butcher my Colt I bought a RRA 6 position for $75 and it came with the wrench and rings.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:46:39 AM EDT
I purchased a crap 40$ CAR stock at a local gun store and modified my Bushmaster... It was alot of drilling that could have gone bad. Depth and such you know. ANd I also had to file down the Bushmaster stock for it to slide on the budget tube.

I would not do it again.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:03:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2004 10:04:03 AM EDT by Engineer]
You definitely have to be careful with the drilling - but if you already have a fixed stock, why not convert it for less than it costs for a new one?
Top Top