Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/18/2003 4:13:35 AM EDT
I was looking at these for varmint type upper. particularly the 16" model.

was wondering if these are to heavy to walk with for varmint hunting. that barrel looks very big.

also concerned about accuracy versus the RRA model.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 5:20:49 AM EDT
I have a super 24" in stainless steel very accurate, wasted many prairie dogs with it. It isn't to bad to carry around, alot lighter than my Model 70 Winchester stealth.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 4:35:13 AM EDT
I had a 20" Superbull for a little while before I sold it to a fellow board member. That barrel looked awesome (HUGE!) and would shoot sub-moa all day long with Federal GMM. I purchased it for hunting woodchucks, and weight was never an issue with me. Looking back on it, I wish I still had it, and I will probably buy another one at some point.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:20:51 PM EDT
I assembled a 24" super panther bull for a friend and besides it being quite heavy, it is quite accurate at 100 yds with minimal load development. Will require further load developement to achieve M.O.A. at 200 yds. Excellent for off the bench or bi-pod use. Added wieght nearly eliminates the torquing of a standard 20" A2 barrel profile. Good investment. You can buy the barrel assembly minus the upper receiver from brownells in 16" 20" and 24" 1:9
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 3:17:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2003 3:19:13 PM EDT by Ronnies111]
I have the EXTREME SUPER BULL 24 INCH BARREL, 1:8 TWIST and I get 1 MOA @ 200 yds with Federal 62 gr American Eagle all day long. I am also am a proud owner of a Rem 700 VS SF in 223 Oh and it's heavy as hell, would not want to carry it around all day.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:20:06 AM EDT
I just picked up a 20" SuperBull at Camp Perry a few weeks ago at the DPMS hut. Got one really good deal too, only $214 inc. tax out the door. Included the gas block, gas tube and the free float tube. It has a 1:9 twist. I just got done finishing up the installation and I need to get out to the range and get it broken in now. As far as handling, its a real handful. I think I need to put some more weight in the stock to get more balanced out. Its really front heavy right now. I don't have scope on it yet though, but don't think that's going to help the situation out. My other problem is I need to figure out how to get a stud mounted in the float tube so I can mount my bipod on it. If I hold the rifle by the grip and put the butt of the stock on my hip, I don't find any problems moving around with it. Two handed carrying doesn't seem to be a problem either. I wonder if fluting this barrel would help any with the weight. Hope this will help you out in your decision.
Top Top