Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:34:07 PM EDT
I purchased an old three piece model of the Aimpoint standard mount.  Although this model did not offer the locking throw lever (only the newer 2 piece mount does) there is the recess milled into the mount for the locking latch.  My mount did not come with this latch.  It appears to be a small milled piece with a roll pin.  Below you will find two pictures.  The first picture is of the new two piece mount.  The locking mechanism says "open" on it and slides over the throw latch.  The second picture you will find is of my old style mount.  You will see that it has the milled area of the mount where the locking latch is supposed to slide into.  So I am trying to find this latch and the roll pin for sale.  Yes I have contacted LaRue by e-mail, probably a week ago, and have not received a reply.  I am in no way dogging LaRue, I can udnerstand why I have not received a reply.  I mean I inquired about a $2 part at most.  I am just wondering if anyone else has them for sale seperately.

The new LaRue mount with locking mechanism.  I think the picture is from G&R Tactical

My old style three peice mount with themilled recess for the locking mechanism

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
why not contact mark larue and ask him, great guy to talk to and he is down to earth so he will listen and offer what help he can.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
why not contact mark larue and ask him, great guy to talk to and he is down to earth so he will listen and offer what help he can.

+1 they will take care of you.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:18:40 AM EDT
[#4]
He said he contacted them and got no response.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:44:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Call LaRue at 512-259-1585.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Grant told me that the old style is not upgradable to the new style. You can't add a locking lever to the old style.

LaRue was at shot all last week, but I'm sure they will get back to you. If nothing else, call them.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Grant told me that the old style is not upgradable to the new style. You can't add a locking lever to the old style.

Grant is wrong.  You cant add the locking mechanism to a mount without the milled recess.  Mine has the milled recess, thats why I put the pictures up so no one would be like "well you have to buy a new mount because only the new mounts can have the latch."  Which is obviously wrong.        

I cant call them, this is busy season, they arent open on the weekends.  I dont have time to call them.  Thats why I e-mailed them.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:35:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Here's the deal:

You ONLY need a new lever with the lock mechanism, as your mount body is already milled to accept the locking mechanism.    I know. see all my posts above

LT does not advise that end-users remove and/or replace the lever mechanism.    I know  So it might not be a good thing to try to swap it out yourself.    You dont need to swap out the entire lever, the locking mechanism is one small piece that is held onto the lever handle with a roll pin, you dont need to remove the lever.

As for your email:  Mark is out of pocket for a few days.  He was only home for a day or two from SHOT before this.  So you might need to give him more time.  

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I cant call them, this is busy season, they arent open on the weekends.  I dont have time to call them.  Thats why I e-mailed them.

I have heard that they can be slow with email. They always pick up the phone, though. You might be surprised, some have called on a Saturday and Mark himself has answered the phone.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top