Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/27/2002 2:19:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/10/2002 3:49:49 PM EDT by APBullet]
I ordered some of Century's five buck mags. Supose to be usgi 30 round. Has anyone seen these? so long as there are no dents and feed lips are ok I don't care about finish.

------------------------------------------

Well these things finally arrived. None are dented,the feed lips are all fine except one, and no finish (finish is almost all golden color).

This is whats wrong. The floor plate tabs and floor plates. Every mag has a broken tab or two. A few have colt floor plates and the rest are somthing else (probably Century's in house angry beaver manufacture). Where the broken tab is a hole is drilled through the floor plate and in the mag body just above the tab in the side with a twist of wire.

Two mags have all four tabs broke. In these Century's fix is an aluminum block machined to be pressed into the botton with four dimples stamped on the side to secure them in the mags. This fix really isn't bad, you would have a hard time changing to green followers. I'll probably use these three for beater mags and chunk the others in the garage. Who knows what it will be like in five years if the AW ban doesn't sunset - maybe a manufacture will allow them to be traded in on new ones or will offer bodies with a trade in like Armalite with the 308 mags.

It would have been better to purchasee $10 mags at gun shows for used mags.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 5:15:59 PM EDT
Link?
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:15:52 PM EDT
No link. I received an email special about 10 colt 30 round used mags for $79.00. I called and was told they were out and didn't have that many to begin with. They told me of these for $5.00, but no returns. I was wondering if anyone else had seen these. It was an impulse thing, but now that I think about it, you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 5:37:23 AM EDT
If they're selling them with a no return policy, I'd definitely recommend passing on the "offer".
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 6:12:00 AM EDT
They call that "Bait and Switch." They tell you they have something, But when you call they dont have it.(Probably never did) BUT....."Ive got something similar, that is just as good,a bit cheaper, but you cant return it." I think i would have passed on this deal. I prefer seeing what i but first. Hope you dont get taken...:) KyARGuy
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 7:38:09 AM EDT
Iv'e been on Century's DEALER website, and they don't have them listed. Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:51:24 PM EDT
look at top
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 6:30:38 PM EDT
Huh! The repairs you describe seem a lot of trouble to go through for $5 apiece.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 11:53:59 AM EDT
Top Top