Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2013 8:21:24 PM EDT
Looking at the 9.25" rail for a DPMS 308 Oracle, just curious if there are any pictures and/or feedback on it.

Link Posted: 8/3/2013 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for interest.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I have no experience with the 308 rail, but I just installed a 12.47 evolution on a 300 blackout build.  If it is anything like my rail, you'll love it.  Great looks, well built, and very light
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 12:46:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I just installed , a 15 inch Samson Evo on my SASS build. Pretty straightforward.  It uses a proprietary barrel nut and locks up tight. I have no significant trigger time on it yet , but I have Evos on several of my rifles and l8ve them. Will postup as I burn ammo.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 4:17:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just installed , a 15 inch Samson Evo on my SASS build. Pretty straightforward.  It uses a proprietary barrel nut and locks up tight. I have no significant trigger time on it yet , but I have Evos on several of my rifles and l8ve them. Will postup as I burn ammo.
View Quote

I think you meant proprietary thermal bushing.  You use the standard barrel nut with the Evo rail
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 6:41:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think you meant proprietary thermal bushing.  You use the standard barrel nut with the Evo rail
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respectfuly , no on the 308 you don't.. It comes with a proprietary barrel nut and  the evo mounts over it. Unlike th evo's I used on my 300 blk ,  Beowulf , and S&W M&P.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Respectfuly , no on the 308 you don't.. It comes with a proprietary barrel nut and  the evo mounts over it. Unlike th evo's I used on my 300 blk ,  Beowulf , and S&W M&P.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is good to know.  I'm planning a build around a mega 10 receiver set and I'll be using the evo rail
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That is good to know.  I'm planning a build around a mega 10 receiver set and I'll be using the evo rail
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the 15" on a 18" DPMS barrel (pardon the phone quality picture)
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Where did you get the 15"? All I see everywhere I look is "coming soon" or "call for availability."

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Where did you get the 15"? All I see everywhere I look is "coming soon" or "call for availability."

Thanks
View Quote

They have great customer service, I suggest calling them and asking about availability.  I believe I had the option of getting one directly from them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Im looking for a 12.5" (12.37) samson evolution in 308

Any help would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 8/16/2013 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#11]
New pictures.
DMPS LR308 Oracle, 16" barrel. 12.3 Samson Evolution.
" />
" />
Link Posted: 8/17/2013 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I called Samson and they said they will not be available until Oct.  He said a few distributors jumped the gun and hvae been advertising them, that's why they all show backordered.
Link Posted: 8/17/2013 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I called Samson and they said they will not be available until Oct.  He said a few distributors jumped the gun and hvae been advertising them, that's why they all show backordered.
View Quote

Got mine from amazon (mounts plus-Miami FL). I believe optics planet may have some as well. (last week)
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Got mine from amazon (mounts plus-Miami FL). I believe optics planet may have some as well. (last week)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this for the DPMS 308?  I called MSP today and they said they do not carry it...  I'm very interested because this is the one piece that I'm lacking to complete my build and I'm set on the Samson.
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#15]
After using this thread for my inspiration, I picked up a 9.2" Evolution 308 rail from Midwayusa and love it.  I'll post pics this evening.
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I could be wrong, but........

I thought for the .308 version they were originally made with two pinch bolts, then re-designed to have three bolts on the newer ones. Maybe the ones on Amazon are the older two bolt versions?
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#17]
i want a 15 inch one >< I cant wait, I want it now, ill probably end up buying a different rail in a week because i dont like to wait...
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I thought for the .308 version they were originally made with two pinch bolts, then re-designed to have three bolts on the newer ones. Maybe the ones on Amazon are the older two bolt versions?
View Quote

You are correct, and I have emailed Samson about this. No response for 2 weeks now.
I will try and reach them on the forum tonight
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You are correct, and I have emailed Samson about this. No response for 2 weeks now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 9.2" I got from Midway was a three bolt and was marked March 2013 as the production date if that helps any.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top