Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/21/2006 11:09:26 AM EDT
Saw this from the Bushmanster site and thought it might work for me.  Would prefer fixed sights but like a scope as it would allow accuracy when needed... but mounted at 45 degrees... what do you think?  Would it mount just above the ejection port or would you place it on the other side?  Hummmm... need pics.

From the Bushmaster sight:
These handy mounts allow you to attach a variety of accessories at a 45 degree angle to any “flat-top” Upper Receiver, or any multi-rail (Picatinney or Weaver type) forend. They are particularly useful for flashlights or laser aiming devices, or with a pair, you could mount a scope in an “offset” position and still retain use of your iron sights. here is the site: http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/bmas/angledmounts.asp
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a good idea, but I do not think that this will mount your sight at 45 degrees over your barrel.  I've only seen one mount that does this, but it was custom made for a well known shooter.  I've yet to see one in production that does this.  The only reason I'd use a mount like this would be for a red dot/reflex scope, when you had a high magnification scope on your receiver.  You would mount it on a railed forearm forward of the upper receiver.  It would allow you to cant your weapon and engage targets close in.  I hope to see someone make this in quantity.  I would buy one.  Right now the only good way to have a setup like this is with the JP front handguard.  It allows you to put a rail directly over the barrel at a 45 degree angle.  I wouldn't use the bushmaster mount myself.  Wish I could be of more help.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your advice… I too thought putting my Dr Optic at 45 degrees with the scope on top, but the idea of a complete scope seems interesting.  I guess the vertical cross hair on the scope would need to come off the barrel at 90 degrees, like a regular one but maybe it would not need to be so high as if off of the AR handle.  Would take some getting used to.

Anyway, looks like an idea that is being used right now… thanks
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top