Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/25/2005 5:01:52 PM EDT
I floated this question over on GD but really should have put it here just in case. Does anyone know if it's possible to get a standard style FSB with no lug that fits pencil/light/thin barrels?
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 6:29:27 PM EDT
Could buy one with a bayo lug and grind it off.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 7:15:11 PM EDT
Don't even have to grind it - put a hacksaw to it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 8:04:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Chuckles5492:
Don't even have to grind it - put a hacksaw to it.

Ok picky.

You can hacksaw/grind/chew/ bash/rub it off. That cover everything?
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 8:41:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GreenLantern:
I floated this question over on GD but really should have put it here just in case. Does anyone know if it's possible to get a standard style FSB with no lug that fits pencil/light/thin barrels?

My Colt sporter lightweight is a pencil barrel
with a colt FSB and no lug . that’s the way they
came from the factory .

You can probably get one from Numrich , or possibly Colt manf .
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:28:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/27/2005 3:29:33 PM EDT by Fenian]
My model 1 lightweight barrel is .750 at the gas block (isn't that the standard size?)...well, I should say it's *supposed* to be lol...it's about one hair too big, so getting the FSB off was a pain in the ass, as was getting another FSB back on. I finally just took the path of least resistance, and used a clamp on style block for the time being. The FSB that came off the rifle fit perfectly on another barrel, so I know it's the barrel that's a little off.

So, unless your lightweight barrel is different from mine, any post ban FSB should work, right?

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:30:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2005 4:07:58 AM EDT by mongo001]

Originally Posted By Fenian:
My model 1 lightweight barrel is .750 at the gas block...well, I should say it's *supposed* to be lol...it's about one hair too big, so getting the FSB off was a pain in the ass, as was getting another FSB back on. I finally just took the path of least resistance, and used a clamp on style block for the time being. The FSB that came off the rifle fit perfectly on another barrel, so I know it's the barrel that's a little off.

So, unless your lightweight barrel is different from mine, any post ban FSB should work, right?

You got lucky. There is no standard position for the pins. I will say that there is less barrel meat to hit with the pins on a light weight barrel, so this may force the pins to be closer in location than on standard barrels, but I still say, you got lucky.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:38:16 PM EDT
I don't really want to do the hack job on a pre-ban one. Chances are I wouldn't get it looking good enough to be satisfied with it.

I think I'll check out Numrich and then maybe Colt. Hopefully one will be easier to find than the lockness monster.!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:39:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mongo001:

Originally Posted By Fenian:
My model 1 lightweight barrel is .750 at the gas block...well, I should say it's *supposed* to be lol...it's about one hair too big, so getting the FSB off was a pain in the ass, as was getting another FSB back on. I finally just took the path of least resistance, and used a clamp on style block for the time being. The FSB that came off the rifle fit perfectly on another barrel, so I know it's the barrel that's a little off.

You got lucky. There is no standard position for the pins. I will say that there is less barrel meat to hit with the pins on a light weight barrel, so this may force the pins to be closer in location than on standard barrels, but I still say, you got lucky.

You're right...none of the pins holes lined up right...and when I made my reply, I wasn't even thinking of that...just the size of the barrel under the gas block.

Top Top