M4 barrel extension
light under hand guards or even heavy under handguards
no M203 cut
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#1]
check CMMG or Bushmaster
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think CMMG or Bushmaster makes one like that.  Bushmaster makes that barrel in an HBAR, but has no M4 feed ramps (Bushmaster doesn't use feedramps in any of its rifles) and most would be 1/9 unless custom ordered to be 1/7.  Sabre Defense makes a barrel pretty close but it's a midlength.  If that isn't a custom job, I would be interested to know who made it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't think CMMG or Bushmaster makes one like that.  Bushmaster makes that barrel in an HBAR, but has no M4 feed ramps (Bushmaster doesn't use feedramps in any of its rifles) and most would be 1/9 unless custom ordered to be 1/7.  Sabre Defense makes a barrel pretty close but it's a midlength.  If that isn't a custom job, I would be interested to know who made it.

If you are referring to the one pictured, its a Sabre Defense 1/9 twist with a rifle barrel extension.

I wouldnt mind a 1/9 and maybe could live with it.  But I shoot very heavy rounds out of this rifle.  And the upper receiver already has M4 feed ramp reliefs.  If I bought the one pictured it would mean buying a new upper receiver.

That why I am looking for what I am looking for, plus I dont own an M203 and never will, I dont need the added cut out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are referring to the one pictured, its a Sabre Defense 1/9 twist with a rifle barrel extension.

I wouldnt mind a 1/9 and maybe could live with it.  But I shoot very heavy rounds out of this rifle.  And the upper receiver already has M4 feed ramp reliefs.  If I bought the one pictured it would mean buying a new upper receiver.

That why I am looking for what I am looking for, plus I dont own an M203 and never will, I dont need the added cut out.

OK, I thought the one you have pictured had all of those properties.    If you are really going to shoot really heavy rounds I wouldn't compromise and get a 1/9.  You could custom order a Bushmaster 16" HBAR with a 1/7 twist, but then you have the problem of rifle extensions.  Only thing I really see is either getting a midlength or M4 barrel, or changing your upper like you said.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Bushmaster told me they would do a run of that exact barrel if the order was 100 barrels..I would be in for onejust 14.5/phantom and normal extension.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone else?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Its like a Govt profile carbine barrel.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#8]
CMMG M10.....
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Hmm, an LMT upper I bought had that setup, except that the front of the barrel was stepped M4-style (is that what you're trying to avoid?).

My Colt Lightweight is exactly like that, except that the barrel diameter is 0.625" or something like that.  1/7, M4 cuts, no step in the forward portion, chrome lined.  There are quite a few gas blocks in the smaller diameter these days if you didn't like the stock FSB.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:40:09 AM EDT
[#10]
tag
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top