Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/10/2013 10:10:15 PM EDT
Hey, Just got a Spike's "Mil-spec LE15 (Middie Gas system) 16" Complete Upper with M16Carrier. Its going on an M&P15 Lower and I bought a Milspec Buffer kit/assembly from "Bravo Company" Lastnite.

Today, The LE15 LOWERS for that particular UPPER, Fiiiinally showed up on AIM and I read the components and the LOWER comes with a "ST-T2 Buffer" and a "17-7 Stainless Buffer Spring w/ an Electro Polish Finish"

Sounded like a Good Spring so I ordered it (only 10 bucks)

Anyone ever ran this spring?? Im hoping it has less drag and not sure if I should get the Spike's T2 Buffer or just get an "H Buffer"??

If I'm not mistaking the T2 weighs the same as an "H-Buffer" being that the T1 is a standard Carbine weight Buffer.

Anyone ever used this spring and could tell a difference or anyone used the "T1 or T2 Spike's powder filled buffers?? Do they really reduce felt recoil or is it a sales pitch,

I can imagine it to slide smother being it doesnt have weights but not sure how much of a difference it makes to the cycling, recoil, and shooting.

I GOT THE "SPIKE'S 17-7 Stainless/ Electro Polished Spring" though.. Figured its prob better than a standard Buffer Kit Spring. NOT SURE. !!

That's were you guys get to chime in!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I know I'm the new guy around here, but I'm pretty sure that's the stock spring that spikes puts in their buffer tubes.  This video is real in depth, I would just watch the first 8 min because it will answer your questions.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mErzTPlQ4Fc
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#2]
there is an almost identical thread to this from a few days ago(hopefully not by you) with some good info in it. Yes, a stronger action spring will reduce felt recoil(gross adjustment) as will a heavier buffer(small adjustment). Easiest way to do it is buy or borrow a XP spring and a few buffers and go test them out with your gun and ammo to find the one that feels/shoots the best and sell the others off. You can also mix and match the internals of buffers to create your own custom weighted buffer. I'd also test it with some underpowered 223(tula etc) just so you know if it will cycle it or not. and maybe keep a spare buffer on hand that will allow you to run low powered stuff in case the the situation ever arrises.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top