Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2004 3:57:36 PM EST
Are these recievers any good? I got one at a good deal and I was told that it was forged and very good to build on.................give me some feedback
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:19:28 PM EST
very nice receiver, strange for century but this receiver is top quality and not made by century themselves.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:23:57 PM EST
Dang good receiver, the only negative is century's name. But, rest assured, they had nothing to do with its manufacture or QC.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:32:08 PM EST
never have had my hands on one yet
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:43:05 PM EST
Mine was not milled completely at the rear where the rear upper lug extends in the lower. When I attached at the front takedown pin, it wouldn't close. Instead of being square it was rounded.

I called Century and the gal couldn't find the serial number in her computer. Instead of wasting any more time I used a dremel to fix it. Other than that it was in spec and works fine. I suspect it would be difficult getting a replacement for a more serious problem.

I would check it out completely and compare it to another one if available.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:43:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 5:46:52 AM EST by shamayim]
The one I got a couple of months back ia absolutely identical to the two Rock River lowers I have, including the "CM" prefix (Continental Machine)on the serial number, and I got it for less than $100 out the door

When I get to the next show, if the dealer I got it from still has any at that price, I'll get another one for sure.

Whoops, just noticed you're from Georgia too. Bet you got yours from Classic Pawn, as I did,
Top Top